Planning and Reporting Analyst
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Planning and Reporting Analyst Reports to: In-Situ Global
Company: In-Situ-- Inc.
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
In-Situ-- Inc. is privately held leading manufacturer of in-situ
(on-site) water monitoring instruments. For over 40 years, we have
provided water monitoring markets with innovative solutions.
In-Situ-- designs, manufactures and distributes environmental
measurement equipment and advanced data management solutions which
monitor groundwater, surface water and coastal waters level and
quality. Some of In-Situ-- product applications include 1)
monitoring water level, pressure and temperature analytics in
coastal areas, thus enabling a city to better prepare itself for a
pending hurricane, 2) measuring water quality in bays, lakes and
other bodies of water to understand degrading water quality and the
corresponding impact on marine life, 3) monitoring the impact of
fracking or industrial activities on the quality of surrounding
ground water, and 4) managing oxygen levels in aquaculture
production thereby increasing yields and minimizing crop loss. The
company's mission is to monitor and protect the world's water
resources through innovative technologies to ensure increasingly
precious resources are available for generations to come. We are an
environmental conscientious company focused on managing one of the
worlds' most finite and import resources necessary for life -
In-Situ-- culture is reflective of our values:
- Sustainability. Environmental stewardship and giving back to
our community in tangible ways.
- Accountability. Setting clear goals and expectations of
achieving those goals.
- Innovation. Thoughtful analysis and application of information
to problems, decisions, and solutions.
- Passion. Believing in what we are doing and making a difference
in the world.
- Employee Excellence. Valuing all our employees, encouraging
their curiosity, and constant learning while rewarding meaningful
- Partnership. Teamwork and cooperation with our internal and
external customers, vendors and other stakeholders. We are a high
growth business with an exciting future. Learn more about In-Situ
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Prepares documentation that reflects In-Situ's financial standing.
The information compiled is issued to internal and external sources
and is used to create budgets, conduct audits and make
financial/business decisions. Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) and SEC requirements are complied with to create
financial statements, and reports, while ensuring accurate
financial reporting throughout an organization by working closely
with various departments and management. Analyzes income and
expenses, reconciles accounts, files regulatory reports, provides
information to auditors and issues data and reports to legal and
- Prepares site and consolidated financial statements on a
monthly basis (balance sheets, income statements and cash flow
- Prepares 3-month forecast and contingency plans.
- Translates financial statements for subsidiaries; requires
knowledge of foreign currencies and exchanges.
- Facilitates annual budgeting process; requires interaction with
Requirements and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting a must;
- Minimum of 3 years experience with general ledgers, financial
planning, reporting and consolidations a must;
- CPA or CMA strongly desirable;
- Solid working knowledge of software and database systems used
in financial reporting; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great
Plains Accounting Software and Budget Maestro strongly desirable.
Proficiency with spreadsheet programs, such as MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills - detailed focused, yet also able to
make observations from a broader level;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and
the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an
organized, concise manner;
- Self-starter - ability to identify opportunities and
- Able to work independently, as well as the ability to interact
with coworkers, management, auditors and regulators;
- Focused on detail/process standardization and improvement;
We are looking for a technically competent individual who works
independently, as well as in a team environment. Ideal candidate is
someone who works hard, enjoys challenges, but also enjoys a team
spirit. Our team is committed and passionate about our jobs and the
company. We come to work every day with the intention and attitude
of making a difference.
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring
instruments --- and world-class careers!
- Apply online at https://in-situ.com/us/careers if above
qualifications are met.
- Please no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiter please do not contact this job
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products
or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age
over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information,
military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition
relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and
In-Situ-- Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Career
Keywords: In-Situ, Fort Collins , Planning and Reporting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!