Company: Precision Machined Products, LLC
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: June 22, 2022
PMP is seeking to add a Quality Inspector to its first and/or
second shift team.Job/Position Summary
Inspects general machining operations during production sequence to
ensure conformance of all parts with the customer specifications
and within AS9100D certification standards.Position Specific
- Prepares, reviews, and submits pertinent Quality documentation
for shipments, source, inspection, and other customer document
- Inspects parts before, during, and after production.
- Creates new programs and/or revises existing programs for CMM
inspection of parts.
- Reviews GD&T blueprints, engineering specifications, and
job orders for production specifications.
- Measures the layout and physical dimensions of machined parts,
castings, jigs, fixtures, and templates for, but not limited to:
length, height, inside diameter, outside diameter, concentricity,
angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids and precision
- Responsible for approval of machine set-up and the verification
of the conformance of first-run production work pieces to
- Spot checks or randomly audits machined parts during each
specific production sequence.
- Initiates nonconformance reporting when necessary.
- May certify product through Certification of Compliance when
- Monitors plant for correct procedures relating to Quality
- Recommends improvements to production processes to ensure
- Performs regular Quality assessments on all incoming materials
from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other General Essential Functions apply.Experience, Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities
- 4-years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment with
emphasis on Quality Control, or a combination of education and
related experience resulting in full understanding and knowledge of
the practices, procedures, capabilities, and requirements of the
standards, machinery, and equipment required to successfully
perform in the position, but not less than four (4) years of
aerospace and CMM programming experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMM, visual CMM, and various other
measuring equipment with above-average ability to operate same in
the inspection of parts.
- GD&T certification preferred. - Without GD&T
certification, Employee must complete certification and have the
ability to fully utilize skills within 9 months of hire.
- Must maintain skills and competence to hold Quality approval
- Thorough understanding of Quality Systems.
- Technical knowledge of parts.
- Intermediate to advanced Blueprint reading skills.
- Ability to create a standard Inspection Report as well as First
Article Inspection Report.
- Above average math skills.
- Independent thinking and strong analytical and problem solving
- Above average presentation and reporting skills.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal, including
well-developed listening skills.
- Courteous and professional demeanor; high level of integrity;
demonstrated maturity and stability in word and actions.
- Results driven; stress tolerant; committed to adhering to
established work schedule with minimal absences or tardy
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with
attention to detail.
- Ability to work skillfully and efficiently in a fast-paced
environment with frequently changing dynamics.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and commitments with
limited or no supervision; ability and flexibility to prioritize
tasks; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize a computer and
familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Quality,
manufacturing and other work-related software.
- Ability to take direction well and follow verbal and written
instructions, with a commitment to results.
- Ability and willingness to understand and embrace new
techniques as they emerge and upgrade skills to meet changes in the
Quality environment, manufacturing industry and environment, and/or
the Company's business.
- Ability to maintain a positive Company image and brand, both at
and outside of the work environment.
- Ability to interact with all members of the organization;
ability to work both independently and as part of a team; willing
to take on extra tasks as necessary and create/maintain healthy
working relationships.Education & Employment
- High school graduate with course of study emphasis on math and
- All applicants MUST be U.S. persons within the meaning of the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). ITAR defines a
U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident ("Green Card
Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Federal law prohibits the
employment of unauthorized aliens. All positions require use of
information which is subject to Export Control Regulations. If
hired, you will be required to complete the federal Form I-9,
Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to
present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and
authorization to work. You must present such documents no later
than the third work day. Failure to do so will result in immediate
employment termination. Precision Machined Products uses E-Verify
to verify the work authorization of all new hires.
- Precision Machined Products is an equal opportunity
- Climate controlled, clean working environment with state of the
art machinery and equipment.Position Schedule & Particulars
- Full-Time / 1st Shift
- Monday through Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 40 hours per week required minimum. - When necessary, must be
able to work overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Full-Time / 2nd Shift
- Monday through Thursday - 3:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- 40 hours per week required minimum. - When necessary, must be
able to work overtime to meet operational deadlines.Compensation
- Standard pay range starts -at $20.00 per hour.
- Compensation for 2nd shift Employees includes an additional 5%
shift premium (over and above hourly pay).
- Compensation at hire is based on job knowledge and
- Future compensation increases are based on job knowledge,
performance, competence, and skill, including soft skills.Benefits
Overview - Eligibility Requirements Apply - -
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
($25,000.00) for the Employee. -
- Medical includes an Employee optional HSA account with Employer
match and AMAZE Employee empowerment tool with telemedicine
- Employee paid coverage is available for dependents. Eligibility
begins the 1st of the month following sixty (60) days of continuous
- Other available Employee paid insurances: - short-term
disability, long-term disability, accident, cancer, and life.
- Wellness Program.
- Participation in the Company 401(k) Plan. Plan includes an
Employer match (25% of the Employee contribution up to 3% of annual
compensation). Eligibility begins immediately at ninety (90) days
of continuous employment. -
- Employee Tool Purchase Program
- Employee Education & Training Assistance
- Eight (8) paid holidays per year
- 48 PTO hours (first year); 96 hours (second year)
- Flex-Time Policy (up to 24 hours per quarter)
- 2nd shift Employees receive one paid day off per Quarter after
sixty (60) days of continuous employment. -
Employment Type: Full Time
Keywords: Precision Machined Products, LLC, Fort Collins , Quality Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!