Revenue Accounting Manager
Company: SummitStone Health Partners
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: November 19, 2023
A Revenue Accounting Manager is needed to help us in our endeavor
to build the healthiest community in the nation ... one person at a
At SummitStone Health Partners, we strive to foster trust, empower
recovery, and inspire hope to strengthen and enrich our Northern
We need your help to make this vision a reality.
We are building a team who believes in providing crucial services
at crucial times, helping the people in our community at their most
vulnerable - particularly those who are often overlooked and
We Embrace Diversity
Come As You Are:
A core value here at SummitStone.
We want you to be your authentic self while at work, so we welcome
and actively seek team members of different backgrounds, identities
and experiences. SummitStone is committed to fostering a diverse
and inclusive environment, honoring each individual's whole-self by
embracing differences in race, ethnicity, ability, age, gender,
sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, socioeconomic status,
language and the inherent intersections of many different
identities. We invite everyone to share our journey and are proudly
an equal opportunity employer.
Experiences and Background We Look For
If this sounds like your calling, then we want to help you succeed,
grow, and thrive at SummitStone.
- Location: Larimer County, CO
- Status: Full-time, 40/hrs. week (Remote with occasional onsite
time may be required)
What You'll Do:
Ensures the integrity of revenue recorded to the financial
statements follows GAAP and terms of contracts. Manages the daily
activities of staff and reviews their work for accuracy,
completeness, and timeliness. Keeps current with applicable
industry standards and regulations.
Client Service Revenue
- Ensure a thorough understanding of billing system transactions
and their flow to the general ledger and reporting.
- Maintain data integrity of billing system interface to the
general ledger for revenue and AR.
- Reconcile revenue, billing system, and AR to the general ledger
- Reconcile clearing accounts within the general ledger.
- Review monthly revenue for reasonableness in comparison to
volume drivers, contracts, and rates.
- Analyzes revenue cycle reporting metrics and notifies
management of unusual trends and outliers.
- When a new service or grant is awarded, works with Revenue
Cycle Management to establish workflows for adequate accounting,
financial reporting, and outcome measures required to monitor
performance of the new service or grant.
- Oversee grant accountants who prepare monthly invoices,
maintain expense documentation, and prepare budgets for
- Monitor draw-down of grants and notify clinical and finance
management of accelerated or under spending of grant during the
grant period and fiscal year.
- Ensure grant revenue is properly stated in accordance with
- Review reconciliation of the grants & contracts AR sub-ledger
to the general ledger.
- Review revenue recognition of Deferred Income and
reconciliation of liability account.
- Approve journal entries of grant accountants.
- Prepares Schedule of Expenditures for Federal Awards (SEFA) and
ASU 2018-08 Grants & Contacts evaluation for external audit.
- Review budgets for new grant applications and annual
- Participates in pre- and post- award management for grant
funding, including developing budget, key personnel, and other
support components; informs the project director on the allowable
costs to be charged to the program; reviews proposals for
submission, in coordination with project director and grants
coordinator. Develops actual expenses against budgets and reports
status at least quarterly to Director of Finance and Chief
- Works with project director to maintain and perform duties
related to fiscal and administrative compliance with agency,
Federal, State, and Donor contractual guidelines, terms, and
- Performs funding analyses, including forecasting anticipated
deficits/surpluses. Implements systems and processes to monitor,
analyze, and report on grant fiscal and outcome measures.
- Identifies, proposes, and implements creative solutions to
potential fiscal issues.
- Ensures monthly approval of grant invoice is received from
Project Director for grants supported with federal funds.
- Recommends and implements strategies for the resolution of
financial overruns; Responsible for working with project directors
to identify and resolve projected overruns and for resolving any
deficits in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the timely closeout of expired grants; performs
final review for grantor compliance prior to grant
- Works collaboratively and jointly with other members of grant
program team to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and manage grant
drawdowns and requests for carry-overs.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance or
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Supervise and manage direct reports including work allocation,
training, professional development, enforcement of internal
processes and controls, and handling performance evaluations.
- Ensure credibility of Revenue Accounting team by providing
timely and accurate analysis of financial trends, forecasts,
budgets, and risk assessment.
- Knowledge of healthcare billing and revenue cycle
- Knowledge of healthcare billing for grants, contracts, and
- Competent research skills with the ability to analyze
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls.
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; or 6 years of closely related
- Experience in working with revenue billing systems a plus.
- Experience working in Behavioral Health or Healthcare a
- Bilingual/bi-cultural preferred
Start With Yes
At SummitStone, we show up not only for our clients, but for our
staff as well. You will be joining a team of committed
professionals who believe in the power of starting with "yes" -
where an unparalleled level of teamwork and support can solve any
We believe that people can and do recover, but we also know that
they can't always do it on their own. That's where you come in. If
you have any or all of these qualities, we want you to consider us
for your next career move:
- You believe in being a voice for behavioral health in Northern
- You embrace equity for your clients, teammates, and
- Collaboration and creativity are crucial to helping you solve
- You show up as your genuine self to help guide others through
their toughest times
- Through continuous curiosity, exploration, and reflection,
you're eager to adapt and learn
The typical hiring range for this position is $83,269 - $99,916
annually based on relevant years of experience.
Outcomes and Benefits
We know that most people aren't just searching for a job, they're
searching for a career.
But more than that, they're searching for a sense of belonging and
purpose. Whether you're at the start of your journey or you already
know where you want to be, you will have access to a level of
support and teamwork that is uncommon in the field of behavioral
Along with that, positions are eligible* for range of benefits
Time that you deserve for a balanced life
- Flextime Scheduling
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays, including one floating holiday
- Extended Leave Bank (ELB)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with an employer match
- Cafeteria 125 Plan
- Loan forgiveness program eligibility
- Referral Bonus available for employee who refer new hires
- Ongoing support for learning and development, including
reimbursement and supervision for license and certification
Health, Medical, and Wellness
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Malpractice Insurance
- Option to participate in Employee Resource Groups
*Based on working 20+ hours per week
SummitStone will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment, please let your recruiter know.
Questions? Please email us at hiring @summitstonehealth.org
Keywords: SummitStone Health Partners, Fort Collins , Revenue Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!