Sr. Firmware Engineer (C++)
Company: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NYSE: AEIS), enables design
breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and
industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies,
along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships
and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are
proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we
value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy's
employees worldwide. POSITION SUMMARY We have an immediate need for
an experienced Software Engineer, Firmware. In this position, you
will design, modify, and evaluate embedded software, and/or
programmable logic and/or electronic apparatus, components, or
circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices. You will
perform engineering work in basic and applied research,
development, and/or design of new products and/or sustaining of
existing products.-- RESPONSIBILITES
- Participates in all phases of the Firmware development life
cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation,
integration, and test of all products.
- Responsible for research, design, and development of computer
software systems, in conjunction with hardware product
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical
analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for
the target application.
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of power
electronics and controls design to the successful completion of
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering
organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware
and software, and operational performance requirements and design
of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost
and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets
program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Develop C++ Applications on embedded Systems including FPGAs
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide
software engineering solutions including software design,
documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating,
testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Implement advanced software development techniques in
compliance with technical reference architecture
- Participate in on-going code reviews to improve software
stability and maintainability of an aging code base
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and
selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
- Proficient in C programming language Experience with
peripherals (e.g. CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, SDIO, USB).
- Circuit design, documentation and implementation of high-speed
digital electronics, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum
analyzers or temperature chambers.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work requirements and flow down for
- Proficiency in designing, testing and optimizing the real time
performance of firmware based subsystems EXPERIENCE
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience desired
- VHDL programming experience with FPGAs desired
- Experience with embedded microprocessors within FPGAs
- Familiar with Xilinx Development Tools desired
- Hands-on laboratory experience is critical and required.
Specifically experience with Logic Analyzers and Oscilloscopes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- B.S. in Engineering or Science, or equivalent. LOCATION:
- Ft. Collins, CO Compensation: $90,000-140,000 As part of our
total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering and maintaining
competitive compensation and benefits programs for our employees in
order to attract and retain a talented, highly engaged workforce.
Our compensation programs are focused on equitable, fair pay
practices including market-based base pay, an annual
pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee Stock
Purchase Plan. In addition to our competitive compensation
practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the
countries in which we operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich
benefits package that includes 4 different health care plan
options, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, health
savings and flexible spending accounts, paid-time off, 8-weeks of
paid parental leave for both moms and dads, company matched 401(k),
flexible work schedules, expanded mental health coverage and
employee assistance programs.-- Advanced Energy is committed to
diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity
for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with
Keywords: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc., Fort Collins , Sr. Firmware Engineer (C++), Engineering , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!