Company: Advanced Energy
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 13, 2022
About Advanced EnergyAdvanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NYSE:
AEIS) enables design breakthroughs and drives growth for leading
semiconductor and industrial customers. Our precision power and
control technologies, along with our applications know-how, inspire
close partnerships and innovation in thin-film and industrial
manufacturing. We are proud of our rich heritage, award-winning
technologies, and we value the talents and contributions of all
Advanced Energy's employees worldwide.
POSITION SUMMARY:The Manufacturing Engineer evaluates manufacturing
processes to increase production and make processes more efficient
while reducing manufacturing costs. Researches, develops, and
improves methods of designing, building, and shipping products on
time and within budget. Ensures the technology, techniques and
equipment used are the most efficient, and in good working order.
Improves safety and reduces equipment malfunctions. Provides
direction and training to production supervisors, assemblers, and
technicians. Interacts with engineering department, and senior
level professionals both internal and external to AE.
- Assists with line capacity planning and is responsible for
- Follow up on daily production issues, leads the team on
increasing yield, improving product quality and manufacturing cost
- Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and
makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements.
- Using feedback from product quality provides corrective action
and monitors implementation.
- Drives continuous improvement projects to elevate product
performance in manufacturing.
- Performs preventative maintenance on manufacturing
- Creates and modifies manufacturing process documentation.
- Implements manufacturing-industry best known methods in support
of continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency and
effectivity of the production line.
- Analyzes work content for distribution to work centers and
- Recommends and prepares process improvements which will
facilitate manufacturing excellence
- May assist product design teams to drive designs that meet all
cost and quality goals. Reviews product requirements with design
staff to ensure compatibility of processing methods.
- Performs Design for Manufacturability analysis on new
- Mentors, trains, and develops production personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with aluminum ultrasonic wire bonding, Solder
profile/process development, and power module manufacturing
- Previous experience working with solder alloys, adhesives and
encapsulants, and aluminum wire.
- Experience with soldering, encapsulant, and adhesive process
- Ability to design fixturing for soldering and wire
- Familiarity with SPC and Design of Experiments.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in selecting best practice
methods and techniques for manufacturing.
- Proven professional skills as an experienced manufacturing
engineer with a full understanding of industry practices and
- Knowledge of IPC-610 standards
- Understanding of ESD protocols.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Good verbal and written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to train team members
- Experience influencing and negotiating in complex
- A minimum of five years of electronics manufacturing
engineering experience. Preferably in a microelectronics or
semiconductor production environment.
- Cleanroom experience preferred.
EDUCATION:Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Science, or equivalent
- Cleanroom manufacturing environment.
- Standard office environment utilizing standard office
COMPENSATION: $70,000 - $100,000
BENEFITS:As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in
offering and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits
programs for our employees to attract and retain a talented, highly
engaged workforce. Our compensation programs are focused on
equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an
annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee
Stock Purchase Plan.
In addition to our competitive compensation practices, we offer a
strong benefits package in each of the countries in which we
operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich benefits package that
- Medical - 4 different health care plan options, dental, and
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks, 7 holidays and 3
- 8 Hours of paid volunteer time off
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave for both Moms and Dads
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Expanded mental health coverage and employee assistance
- Other voluntary benefits include pet insurance, identify theft,
legal assistance, critical illness, and voluntary accident
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce
including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Job ID - 24065by Jobble
Keywords: Advanced Energy, Fort Collins , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!