Light Duty Truck Service Technician - Truck City
Company: Weld County Garage
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: June 19, 2022
SIGN ON BONUS OPPORTUNITY!
Re-Location Bonus Opportunity!
Local Candidates Preferred!
Who we are
We are a full-service automotive company that has been a
cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers
since 1908. We strive to exceed the customer expectations in new
and convenient ways that gains their trust for generations. Truck
City is a part of The Yoder Family of Companies. To learn more
about who we are, the services we provide and our commitment to
customer safety and satisfaction, visit !
Service Technician Position Summary
The Service Technician is responsible for performing fast,
accurate, and high quality diagnostics on all makes and models of
automobiles. This position is responsible for nurturing and
cultivating a positive culture and work environment that aligns
with the mission and values of the organization.
Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they
are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using
equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges,
and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions
of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as
oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as
power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using
micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves,
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems,
and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required
repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable.
- 3+ years of automotive Technician experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive and handle various makes, models, and sizes of
- Should own & supply a complete inventory of auto mechanical
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high
level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire
equipment, alignment systems, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment,
- Desire to continue learning and ability to adapt to changes in
technology and equipment.
- Excellent adherence to safety standards.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do
so in a sound and safe manner.
- Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Employee hours vary
and are dependent on business needs.
- The position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with
evenings and weekends as needed to satisfy the requirements of the
Wage: $30 - $50 Flat Rate Hour depending on experience.
Benefits - If hired to a full-time position, the company provides
vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) employer paid life
insurance, health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and company
If hired for a part-time position the company provides paid sick
time and company discounts. No other benefits are offered.
Powered by JazzHRPI182060687
Keywords: Weld County Garage, Fort Collins , Light Duty Truck Service Technician - Truck City, Engineering , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!