Customer Support Engineer
Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Wolf Robotics, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, has had over
8,400 installations, our team of automation professionals has
implemented solutions for the toughest metal working projects
around. We foster an environment that encourages our group of
bright, talented, and skilled employees to design and develop new
products. Req. ID: 21713 Lincoln Electric Automation - The Company
Lincoln Electric Company, has been the industry leader for over 30
years in the robotic automation of welding, cutting, material
removal, grinding, and press brake operations. We have provided
industry solutions to the fabricators of construction,
agricultural, mining, off-road, energy, and transportation
equipment. Through the expertise of our personnel we develop
numerous specialty products that increase productivity and maintain
quality. The innovative designs and solutions we create are
produced to meet or exceed our customer expectations. Position
Summary: This job involves overseeing the implementation of large,
custom robotic welding and cutting systems into customer facilities
including: system installation, weld and cutting process
development, robot programming, troubleshooting, customer training,
documentation, and off-line robot programming with Robot Studio,
our graphical off-line programming tool. Travel can be extensive
depending on Customer Support Engineer location and proximity to
customer. Primary Responsibilities:
- Integrating Robotic welding systems
- Programming Industrial Robots
- Developing robot welding processes
- Field service on Lincoln Electric products
- Customer training
- Documentation Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience required in robotic automation
integration, field service or robotic arc welding programming.
- Must have experience with ABB and Fanuc Robots.
- Must have extensive experience with GMAW.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical and
- Ability to read and interpret weld symbols.
- Ability to use common hand tools and Digital Volt Meter.
- Ability to develop and document procedures.
- Excellent electrical troubleshooting skills.
- PC literate in MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Welding Technology,
Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with heavy welding, TIG welding, Plasma cutting,
Laser cutting, and PLC programming a plus. Behavioral Skills/Job
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Willing to work overtime on a consistent basis
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Willing to travel
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic agenda
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to stand toe to toe with customers and arbitrate
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and
- Must be able to bring projects to a closure
- Must maintain and update customer project files
- Must seek additional opportunities for preventive maintenance,
training, and field service with customers Physical Demands and
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Physical demands: Work is usually a mix of sedentary and
walking. Use of the telephone is extensive. In the office there is
minimal reaching, bending and lifting in relationship to documents
and stored records. When at a customer facility, there will be
lifting, reaching, bending, dragging, pulling and carrying of parts
and equipment. This individual may have to walk long distances to
reach the equipment within the customer's facility. This individual
must be able to occasionally lift 70 pounds and frequently lift 25
pounds. This position requires manual dexterity and visual acuity
to utilize the assembly equipment and tools.
- Work environment: Work is usually a mix of sitting, standing
and walking. Use of the telephone is sometimes moderate to heavy.
Traveling is extensive and may be unplanned and immediate; hours
may be irregular. Wage Rate: $39,654.00 - $73,642.00 Lincoln
Electric Automation Inc., (Wolf Robotics), a subsidiary of Lincoln
Electric Holdings Inc., has had over 8,400 installations, our team
of automation professionals has implemented solutions for the
toughest metal working projects around. We foster an environment
that encourages our group of bright, talented, and skilled
employees to design and develop new products. We are proud to offer
our full time candidates a comprehensive benefit programs which
- Health Insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Bonus Participation in any of the benefit plans and programs
made available to employees/candidates meeting eligibility
requirements. Lincoln Electric Automation Inc., reserves the right
to amend or terminate any benefit plan or program at any time in
accordance with applicable law. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or
disability. Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company
(NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With
operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we
are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow
with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will
contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the
pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's
challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Department. Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time EOE, including
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Fort Collins , Customer Support Engineer, Engineering , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!