Site Medical Director (Physician #)
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: February 20, 2021
About Corizon Health Correctional healthcare is not just a job.
It's a calling. By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are
choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health,
well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in
being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon
Health professional, you have access to the resources and support
to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your
career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise. Responsibilities Below is a list of your
responsibilities as a Site Medical Director with Corizon Health at
Wyoming Medium Correctional Facility located in Torrington,
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve
issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff. Annually review and approve clinical
protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality
assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints,
and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for
appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor physician assistants in compliance with the state law
for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for
all physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating the
credentials of healthcare providers.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training
classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local
civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical
director's meetings at the Corizon central office. Attend Pharmacy
Therapeutic Committee meetings and other meetings, as required.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Malpractice is included for provider positions Experience &
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Fully licensed to practice medicine in state of
- Current DEA registration.
- Preferablely board certified or board eligible in primary care
specialty (family practice, internal medicine or surgery) with
administrative experience in corrections and/or managed healthcare
delivery. A background check, security clearance and drug screening
are required for this role. Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Disability/Protected Veterans. ID 2 Job Locations US-WY-Torrington
Category Clinical & Operations Leadership Position Type Regular
Full-time Shift / Schedule Variable Location ID 90889 Keyphrases:
health administration jobs, medical director jobs, hospital
administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs, healthcare
administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare administrator
jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical officer jobs,
medical director position jobs, associate medical director jobs,
medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical administrative jobs,
executive director jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Fort Collins , Site Medical Director (Physician #), Executive , Torrington, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!