Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Company: Front Range Community College
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Admin/Pro-Tech Fort Collins, CO ---- - ID: 1203269 ---- -
-Front Range Community College - Senior Director, Small Business
Development Center (SBDC) - -Larimer Campus - Who We Are We are the
largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000
credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial
American Association of Community Colleges -Pathways Project ,
recently selected as a "Most Promising Place to Work" in Diverse
Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for
transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication.
We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving
student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant
investments in advising and other student support programs. We also
have -a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. -We
are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student
community and will support our -Philosophy of Inclusion . - We are
guided by the philosophy "One College, Many Communities." Campuses
share many common values, goals, and practices, -but are also given
the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and
programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a
clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information,
visit the following: -www.frontrange.edu -and -VISION 2020 . - Who
You Are As the Senior Director, Small Business Development Center
(SBDC), you will direct Small Business Development Center (SBDC),
which provides street-smart business education and connection to
useful resources, to Larimer County small business owners and
entrepreneurs seeking to start, or better operate, a business. The
SBDC is "hosted" and sponsored by FRCC. In this Director position,
you will develop and execute strategies, programs, and tactics to
optimally support the Larimer County entrepreneur in collaboration
with local/regional economic development partners as well as Small
Business Administration and SBDC partners. - Please note: This is
an on-campus position. You need to be a Colorado resident by your
first day of employment. - SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain
open until filled. - In your application, please include a resume
and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background
and experience align with requirements, qualification and
responsibilities of the -Senior Director, Small Business
Development Center (SBDC). - - Beginning in mid-December, all
employees of FRCC will have a choice to submit a copy of their
vaccination card or to agree to weekly COVID-19 testing. - SALARY:
-High $70's annually - BENEFITS: -2021 - 2022 APT & Faculty
Benefits PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Collaborates with economic development partners to understand,
create, and explain "swim lanes" for SBDC programs, and understand
partner programs that might be helpful to SBDC clients.
- Provides strategic direction, leadership, appropriate team
management to accomplish SBDC center objectives.
- Directs SBDC center expense management and revenue generation,
operating on a revenue-neutral basis, at minimum.
- Counsels, trains, and assists small business
owners/entrepreneurs in business set-up, optimizing operations,
finance and accounting practices, business maturation, and
- Works and collaborates with Larimer SBDC partner organizations
such as the Small Business Administration, and other Colorado SBDC
centers including the North Metro Denver SBDC to execute statewide
and federal programs in support of the entrepreneur.
- Designs and executes programming and resources for the local
entrepreneur. This includes recruiting/training of our business
consultants, and development of classes/workshops to better educate
- Represents and advocates strongly and professionally for Front
Range Community College with the regional business and economic
Required Skills REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: -
- Passion and curiosity for business and entrepreneurship:
Willingness to help client and strategic partners. Willingness to
stay current on new programs, events and tools. Willingness to
effectively coach consultants and clients. Willingness to develop
new programs and resources.
- Business Acumen: Understand opportunities and challenges for
the small business owner. Understand options to help minimize
challenges. Familiar with proper/optimal business operations and
- Relationship Building: Initiate and develop productive working
relationships with clients, consultants and instructions, strategic
partners and sponsors, and SBDC peers and team members.
- Analytical skills: Manage financial reports, revenue and
expense data, financial ratios, evaluate client financial
performance, SWOT analysis, market share information, competitive
analysis, and more.
- Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity: Champion equity and apply
inclusive excellence to the needs of businesses and diverse
business owners that lead to greater innovation and a more
Required Experience REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting,
Organizational Management, or a related field.
- Three-to-five years of experience of business ownership, to
include: operations, team management, sales/marketing of products
or services, finance and accounting functions, or similar
- Experience collaborating with multiple organizations.
- Ability to identify, develop, and maintain useful external
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong data, financial, and quantitative analysis skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint). - PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting,
Organizational Management or related field.
- Licenses/certifications showing on-going business and/or
- Training and consulting experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish). Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive.
Together, we are FRCC.
Keywords: Front Range Community College, Fort Collins , Senior Director, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Executive , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!