VP R&D/SYSTEMS ENGRG - HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS
Company: Woodward, Inc.
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 12, 2022
minutes of inactivity. Job Description - VP R&D/SYSTEMS
ENGRG - HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS (2201516) Job Description VP
R&D/SYSTEMS ENGRG - HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS - 2201516 Description
Position Purpose:The Vice President Systems and R&D is
responsible for building, leading and improving a Business Group's
central engineering organizations. The position reports to the
President and is relied upon to provide a high level of technical
and organizational expertise in guiding advanced design efforts,
current and future system architecture definition and
implementation, customer interactions, and other central Business
Group central engineering functions. The incumbent is accountable
for providing strategic vision, engineering direction, and
leadership for central areas of engineering within a business group
including, systems, technologies, platforms, and advanced processes
throughout the Product Life Cycle.Essential Functions:
- Acts as the catalyst to create, improve and maintain a robust
design culture within the business group.
- Accountable to ensure that appropriate platform design
guidelines are created, improved and maintained that enable high
quality product development.
- Leads the Engineering portions of systems strategic planning
relatedto the next generation systems, products, services and
engineering infrastructure required within the Business Group.
- Accountable for key phases of engineering: Technology,
platform, system, and centralized engineering support
- Accountable for goal flow down from the corporate level to
actionable activities and performance to those goals.
- Provides support, strategic direction, and technical proposals
for systems, products and services through collaboration with
accountable CoE and Sales.
- Acts as senior engineering management contact for the systems
and advanced development projects including key vendor and customer
- Owns schedule, NRE, design to cost, quality and adherence to
our development process for systems and advanced development
- Provides leadership, training and mentoring required for
engineering staff career development.
- Manages capital and budget for systems, R&D and central
- Participates as a member of the Engineering Council to ensure
maximum collaboration for technology and process leverage.Other
- Collaborates with other business group R&D leaders on key
areas of technology leverage.
- Develops and maintains training matrix for his or her
- Supports other groups or segments within Woodward with
expertise and manpower to the extent possible when critical
- May author and/or approve organizational documents and
- May lead one Company-wide Engineering Sub-Council or
- May attend external events, such as trade shows, conferences,
etc. to seek out, evaluate and deploy new methods to improve the
company's overall competitiveness. Qualifications
- Able to manage a large scale organization through excellent
leadership, time management and project management skills.
- Technical/market knowledge of business segment, product
knowledge and customer's end products for the market served.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills: skilled at
using facilitative leadership approach.
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to a variety
of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to lead creationof strategic vision of technology
through a strong understanding of advanced analytical tools.
- Outstanding financial management skills (profit and loss,
product cost structure, budgeting).
- Breadth of technical knowledge desired (e.g. Mechanical,
Electrical, Fluids, and Software).
- Significant product expertise and organizational knowledge, and
effective and comfortable outside of core engineering skill
- Demonstrated organizational savvy (interpersonal/relational)
and facilitative leadership skills to align with and influence key
players throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated expertise and commitment to Design for Six Sigma
practices, lean product development and waste elimination.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and motivate individuals to perform
beyond their comfort zone.
- Good knowledge of WISE and other related Woodward Business
Systems (WPDS, BDDS).
- Ability to come up with breakthrough/innovative solutions that
take the systems and engineering function to the next level.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Strong written, verbal communication and negotiation
- Strong knowledge of System/PLC processes.Education or Formal
- Masters, Ph.D. Degree in Science or international equivalent
- Masters in Business Administration or international equivalent
- Champions training required within 1 year.Experience Required:
- 15 years of increasing level of responsibility within a product
development engineering organization.
- 10 years leading a comprehensive engineering organization.
- Lean experience preferred. Woodward offers an extensive Total
Reward package for this position, including:
- Estimated annual base pay: $200k - $250K
- Annaul cash bonus opportunity
- Stock Options / Performance based Cash LTI Awards / Deferred
- Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement / Adoption
Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match
- Stock Contribution / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee
- Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and
Medical Leave / Member Optional Life
- Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Home Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness
Insurance / Legal Plan / Military Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Pandemic Leave / Variable
Incentive Plan / Vacation Buy-up Woodward is an independent
designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions
for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and
components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft
platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground
vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and
components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam
turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines,
electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The
company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical
energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner,
more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include
leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their
products. Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veterans Job Primary Location
Keywords: Woodward, Inc., Fort Collins , VP R&D/SYSTEMS ENGRG - HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS, Executive , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!