Company: Colorado State University
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Operations Manager
Colorado State University
A Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Operations Manager
position is available with the Center for Environmental Management
of Military Lands (CEMML). This position is located on Guam. This
is a temporary hourly role that may transfer into a permanent
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner
College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU).
CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote
the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on
Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide
technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career
development and learning opportunities to support resource
stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to
resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of
science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future
To learn more about CEMML's contributions to land management, our
mission, vision, and values, visit .
CEMML is currently seeking a highly organized, creative thinker who
can multi-task under pressure to jump in and join our fantastic
team as QA/QC Operations Manager. This position will be responsible
for field and administrative duties overseeing professional staff
in carrying out Biosecurity QA/QC inspections of military cargo,
aimed at preventing the ingress of invasive species to military
installations on Guam. This will involve coordinating and
scheduling staff, liaising with military personnel at all levels,
and communicating with contract sponsors and other DoD personnel.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are desired, along
with the ability to adapt to dynamic environments.
Direct duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting inspections and recording data in the field (this
requires bending, stooping, climbing and standing for long periods
of time on hot asphalt and in hot, humid conditions).
- Maintaining equipment and managing assets; troubleshooting data
collection devices and training staff in proper use and
- Leading and overseeing direct scheduling of inspection crews;
updating calendars on scheduling platform and conveying critical
information to staff.
- Managing and analyzing QA/QC inspection data, creating and
updating technical reports and regulatory documents.
- Creating internal and external SOPs, training documents and
other graphics/media educational and outreach materials.
- Attending meetings with DoD military personnel and presenting
materials and information; maintaining close communication with
designated military POCs via phone, email, and text messaging.
- Must have a minimum of one year of work experience working in
natural resource management, conservation, environmental science,
invasive species management or biology.
- Must have at least one year of general supervisory experience,
or two years of experience as a field crew leader or team
- Must have experience collecting, recording and proofing
- Must have experience maintaining scientific records and
summarizing observations in field reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency using field data collection
applications, compasses, maps, data tablet computers, smartphones,
and GPS units.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access), and familiar with managing large datasets.
- Ability to deploy from Guam to locations in the Commonwealth of
the Northern Mariana Islands, sometimes on short notice.
- Must have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain a
driver's license by the employment start date.
- Capable of walking several consecutive miles carrying light
gear of up to 30 pounds and performing light manual labor in a hot,
humid tropical environment often on hot asphalt without shade, and
in inclement weather.
- Must be willing to submit for NACI background check to obtain a
DoD Common Access Card.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in
the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not
provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
- Project management experience.
- More than one year of general supervisory experience.
- Previous experience scheduling and coordinating resources
and/or event planning/coordination.
- Previous experience conducting invasive species control or
natural resource management.
- Familiar with basic backend web development or programming, or
the ability to learn this skill.
- Good technical writing and editing skills and good data
analytic and interpretation skills.
- Positive, self-starter who enjoys working with teams in a
- Experience working on a military installation and working with
military headquarters-level staff.
- Familiarity with DoD/Navy environmental and safety
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are
expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment
to diversity and inclusion.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Hourly
salary range $26-32/hour.
Prospective candidates should send application materials to Jill
Krumlauf at . Apply no later than July 15, 2022 for full
consideration. A complete application consists of:
1) Cover Letter
3) Writing Sample (report, research paper, narrative, other writing
assignment or similar)
4) References - please include within your application contact
information for 3 professional references including at least one
supervisor. References will not be contacted without prior
notification of candidates.
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work,
and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and
students. To support this environment and comply with applicable
laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of
background check conducted varies by position and can include, but
is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor
vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification.
Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or
contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is
reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employee Benefit information can be found on HR's Website at .
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, CSU has mandated vaccinations
against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their
vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the
vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information &
Resources site at: .
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment
that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age,
creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its
employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and,
in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University
will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal
opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action
employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and
complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and
executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative
action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX
Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort
Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, .
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Director of the Office
of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins,
CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, .
The Coordinator for any other forms of misconduct prohibited by the
University's Policy on Discrimination and Harassment is the Vice
President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student
Services Building, Fort Collins, Co. 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836,
Any person may report sex discrimination under Title IX to the
Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education
See a complete listing of open CEMML positions at .
To apply, please visit:
Copyright -2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Colorado State University, Fort Collins , QA Manager, Executive , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!