Program Manager - Ranger
Company: Polaris Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving
change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging
assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in
our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and
we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to
Manager or Senior Manager - Ranger Program Management
Highly motivated, self-starter that leads, directs and monitors
Ranger vehicle projects from concept to production. Cost
management, schedule adherence, and achieving the project
objectives are key deliverables. This includes BOM cost and budget
management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production
vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and
ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance and quality goals
set forth at the beginning of the program. Effectively leading and
motivating direct reports and influencing a cross functional team
is also paramount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule,
cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability
requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the
- Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP),
ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and
achieved. Work cross functionally with stakeholders to drive
critical decisions and approvals
- Ability to work up and down and across the organization in
order to achieve the project's results.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate to executive level
leaders regarding program status, key issues, and mitigation
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features,
innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved
processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing
resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless
coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support
accessory and service part planning and execution.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes
field problems, warranty and production issues and recommends or
facilities possible solutions as required.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the
team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's
- Own and track project and program finances including labor
tooling and expenses. Assist functional managers to plan budgets
and manpower forecasts.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and
marketing information, and service publications.
- May typically lead a large program or multiple smaller
- May directly supervise Project and Sr. Project Engineers
depending on project and program scopes assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required, MS or MBA a preferred
- 8 or more years of program leadership, project management or
engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar
industry. Strong technical background.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and
written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to and
interacting with senior leadership and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with
supporting managers, leaders, and staff. Decisive and prone to
action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative
skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive
- Sincere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
- Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which
empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII)
pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and
services that have invited people to discover the joy of being
outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2
billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris
RANGER -, RZR - and Polaris GENERAL--- side-by-side off-road
vehicles; Sportsman - all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian
Motorcycle - midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot -
moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats,
including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances
the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along
with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris' presence in adjacent
markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles,
quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in
Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status
with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local
commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Polaris Inc., Fort Collins , Program Manager - Ranger, Executive , Laramie, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!