Operations Manager Construction
Company: Phase 2 Company
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Phase 2 Company is a commercial subcontractor with merit shop
status, specializing in Light Gauge Steel Framing, Gypsum Drywall,
Insulation, Acoustic Ceilings & Wall Panels, Wall Covering,
Painting and specialized coatings. Our woman owned and certified,
family business is head quartered in Fort Collins, Colorado. Phase
2 Company performs work along the Colorado Front Range and Southern
Since 1973, 50 years of business, we have built all types of
projects from churches to medical facilities, office buildings,
schools and US Embassies. We continually strive to meet the needs
of our clients through excellence in both the field installation
and office management. We are professionals in our field, providing
our customers with unparalleled quality workmanship and timely
completion of projects.
*Job Description - Operations Manager*
The Operations Manager is a key member of the management team at
Phase 2 Company and is the most important liaison between the
office and the field. Responsible for establishing the overall
company atmosphere in the field through their leadership.
Responsible for promoting of the merit shop philosophy to deliver
work ethically and profitably for the betterment of our community.
The individual is the person that keeps everyone on the same page
and holds people accountable. An individual that can be confided
in, able to talk to about issues and provide feedback and
*The tasks, duties and responsibilities of this position include
but are not limited to: *
* *Field Operations*
* *Work Procurement / Estimating*
* *HR Operations*
* *Other Responsibilities*
* *Non-Tangible Items*
* *Compensation & Benefits Offered*
_*Additional Detail: *_
*Field Operations*- Ensure all superintendents and foremen conduct
themselves professionally, keeping in mind the diverse racial and
cultural backgrounds of employees.
*Project Management*- Work hand-in-hand with the Project Team to
create a mutual understanding of the project strategy based on the
requirements of the job.
* Ensure the efficient allocation of resources.
* Strive to enhance the value of Phase 2.
* Attend Buy-out & Pre-Con meetings
* Job Start Meetings - Schedule & Attend
* Mid Job Meetings - Schedule & Attend
* Job Close-outs- Initiate and follow through to completion
*Field Management- Tasked with making and driving field performance
* Foremen - Coordinate ongoing training - in house or outside
source to ensure compliance with the current Laws, Regulations and
Code Requirements. Evaluate Electronic needs. Compliance with Phase
2 procedures. Make sure all aspects of safety are achieved. Quality
Control policies & procedures to ensure work is equal to or exceeds
* Set goals for production and quality - assist in training and
* Back up the foreman on decisions to the General Contractor.
Continuous communication about projects particularly as it relates
to schedules, loose-ends, hold-ups and quality control.
* Help to resolve issues in the field.
* Superintendents - Coordinate, exchange views and industry
standards and means and methods, monitor performance.
* Apprenticeship Program Implementation with Apprentice Manager
* Scaffold Erection and training
* Field Employee's - Coordinate Development - with Apprenticeship
Manager, conduct promotions / evaluations, Enhance Employee Job
Satisfaction, Visit Jobs acknowledging all employees, Make
employees feel welcome & appreciated, Encourage development &
* Schedule - keep internal job schedule updated. Coordinate with
Project Managers. Direct Hiring as needed
* Weekly Meetings with Shop Manager
* Oversee Tool & Inventory Tracking & Maintenance
* Coordinate Employee Reviews
* Coordinate Job Needs
* Coordinate safety tool / equipment needs for jobs and
* Assist with annual Goals
* Assist with regulatory agencies: DOL, EPA, etc.
* Assist in coordinating job site inspections
*Work Procurement / Estimating -*
* Update estimating on work gaps, needs, restrictions
* Advise Estimating & Project Management with production rates,
wages, scaffold & equipment requirements.
*HR Operations* - Coordinate with HR as necessary
* Unemployment Hearings- represent the company in unemployment
cases and hearings.
* Hiring - Notify HR for need of employees, type & quantity. Assist
with attending Job Fairs. Oversee the new hire orientation process
and establish procedures and policies that create efficient
communication between the office and the field that follow all
required laws. Background Checks - ensure completion where
* Paperwork - Assist in obtaining / completing: I-9
recertifications, reviews (1 week, 1 year, termination)
* Review Employee classifications- work type, transfers between
* Warning Notices - approve employee warnings
* PTO requests - approve field staff requests
* Termination - determine rehire status
* Executive Team - Actively participate with the executive team,
sharing ideas and coordinating efforts on behalf of the
* General Contractors - meet with the GC's staff regarding issues
or concerns. Work to fulfill contractual obligations and bring job
to a successful conclusion. Be aware of new job opportunities as
they arise in the field and work with Estimating to expand the
company business whenever possible.
* Understand contractual scope requirements
* Understand schedule & manpower requirements to maintain
* Explain technical information when the need arises
* Company Policies - Review annually & consistently monitor
* EEOC Officer - Investigations & Reports. Training and remaining
current and updated through education
* Affirmative Action
* Company Policies & Employee Handbook
* Shop Procedures
*Non-Tangible Items: *
* Possess highly effective oral and written communication skills as
well as excellent interpersonal skills.
* Good analytical and organizational abilities are of great
* Good leadership ability and the ability to work with or lead a
* Able to prioritize and adapt as unexpected issues arise.
* Ability to understand project documents - specifications,
* Computer Skills - typing, Microsoft programs
* At least 5 years in-the-job experience in a similar role or in
any other construction capacity
* Safety - minimum of OSHA 10 hour
* Daily driving required between home office and job sites,
requires a clear drivers record.
*Compensation & Benefits Offered*
* Salary position base pay $100,000 to $150,000 plus bonus.
* Full Time Position - hours typically 7:00 - 4:00 M-F
* Medical, Dental, Vision after 90 days of employment
* Life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance
* 401K & 401K matching
* Paid time off (PTO). Accrued weekly at a rate to equate to 3
weeks per year
* Vehicle, fuel card
Phase 2 Company is an EEO Employer and uses E-Verify. You must have
proper documentation. Clear drug test is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Collins, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Commercial construction: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Phase 2 Company, Fort Collins , Operations Manager Construction, Executive , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!