Company: TEC Group Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
- Takes ownership of all aspects of the field activities from
start up to completion on their projects. These activities include,
but are not limited to project safety, quality, schedule, planning,
jobsite logistics, leading the on-site management team, &
subcontractor coordination and risk assessment.
- Maintaining and tracking overall project schedule as well as
creating and maintaining a task specific two-three week lookahead.
Use the schedule as a management tool to deliver the project on
- Provide real-time data to PM/Scheduler for schedule
- Ensure Site Safety requirements are being met all times
including both personnel and jobsite standards. Assist on-site
safety personnel if needed, be able to safely stop work when
infractions are found, and counsel subcontractors and team members
when violations occur.
- Train project team members on Gray software such as CMO,
Navisworks, Bluebeam, Concur, E-Time and GoGray.
- Conduct site, and weekly meetings to coordinate subcontractor
activities on site so that all teams are working cooperatively
throughout the project and with the project schedule.
- Conduct monthly project reports to track overall progression of
the project concerning safety, schedule, subcontractor performance,
quality, budget and customer relations.
- Collaboration with PM team to ensure timely buyout of
subcontracts and to ensure procurement schedule is managed to meet
- Lead, teach, coach and train subordinates as to a professional
contractual relationship with all parties involved with the
- Demonstrate through words, actions and Leads how to be firm but
fair and to be professional in those relationships.
- Establishes and manages a jobsite safety culture in accordance
with Gray's safety program.
- Leads by example and holds the site team accountable for
adhering to Gray policies and procedures while teaching them and
assisting them in achieving their goals.
- Actively facilitates growth of team members
- Set up and close out construction site.
- Walks the project daily to witness work going into place is
being completed safely, meets quality standards and project
- Communicates early and often and provide consistent factual
information to the project team (i.e. project manager, design
manager, customer, site team, subs, field ops, & etc.).
- Conduct required meetings to coordinate subcontractor
activities on site.
- Review all drawings, i.e. shop, architectural, structural, etc.
when they are issued to the field and coordinate and maintain a
current set at all times.
- Studies project documents to ensure the project is being built
per plans and specifications, and in accordance with the
- Reviews project budget with the Project Manager on a regular
basis. Is in tune with project financials and aware of the impacts
the site team can have on the budget.
- Assist in developing scopes of work for review and approval of
- May assist Project Manager in locating and evaluating potential
subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers and participate in pre-award
- Assist in the preparation of various reports, i.e. cost to
complete, monthly billings and status reports.
- Implement and execute project closeout and punch list
- Takes ownership of overall coordination and management of
project team including PM and DM to ensure buyout and procurement
is on schedule once site activities start.
- Assumes ownership of schedule after mobilization and ensures
proper management of schedule to allow proper closeout to meet or
exceed customer expectations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
WHO WE WANT (REQUIREMENTS)
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years related construction
- Preferred experience would be candidates that have held the
position of overall responsibility for field activities on the
project site including collaboration between design, project, and
- Our projects are large construction projects in the following
markets: Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Automotive, Distribution
and Mission Critical. Project volumes will vary, but typically fall
into the following ranges: $10mm to $50mm, $50mm to $100mm, $100mm
to $200mm or over $200mm.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage and direct on-site
project teams to successful completions.
- Must be able to read and interpret architectural and
engineering drawings, financial reports, and legal/contract
- Strong people management skills.
- Should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a
team environment and exemplifies Gray's Core Values as well as a
passion for collaboration and professional development.
- Must possess basic computer skills including the ability to
utilize word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail applications.
Skills in utilizing bluebeam, Microsoft excel, and sharepoint.
This position requires travel as our projects are scattered
throughout the United States and, in some cases outside of the
U.S.. The selected candidate can live anywhere in the USA, but
would be required to travel to the project site per Gray's travel
If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a
fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for you.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, reach,
and talk or hear. They are regularly required to climb or balance,
stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25
lbs, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision
abilities include accurate near and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving
mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The team member
is occasionally exposed to high precarious places, fumes or
airborne particles, extreme cold and/or heat, risk of electrical
shock, explosives, and vibration. The noise level is generally
moderate to loud. Overtime may be required.
- May lead multiple subordinate supervisors and other support
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Takes ownership of training newer team members.
Keywords: TEC Group Inc., Fort Collins , Site Manager, Executive , Laramie, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!