Jr Project Manager
Company: Larimer County
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: November 25, 2022
$36.70 - $51.38 Hourly
FC 200 W Oak, CO
The Larimer County IT Department has an opportunity for a Jr.
Project Manager to join an established team of professional
self-starters in our Project Management Office (PMO)!
Are you an individual with a passion for project management and the
desire to grow in your project management skills and experience?
Are you hard-working and possess the ability to lead others while
managing change? Then apply today!
Join a team that values a work environment with a sustainable
work-life balance, professional co-workers, and the satisfaction
that comes from doing work that serves our citizens and makes our
community a better place to live.
Specifically, this position:
- Facilitates the success of projects by using standardized
templates and tools, connecting stakeholders, managing timelines,
resolving issues, and offering change management solutions.
- Handles small to medium-complex IT projects throughout the
entire life cycle of the project.
- Develops and handles project documentation.
- Facilitates and leads various types of meetings.
- Coordinates tasks and resources. To view the full job
We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Create and enhance a positive team environment.
- Be able to establish and maintain working relationships.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
- Lead multiple projects and resources across several business
- Perform facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution.
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum
qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the
qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education
and/or experience, in Business Administration, Computer Information
Systems, or a related field is required. Related education or
experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- One (1) year of project management and/or program management
experience is required.
- One (1) year of coordinating, facilitating, and/or leading
cross-functional teams is required.
- Ability to obtain Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
within one (1) year of hire date required.
- Possess reliable transportation to be able to work anywhere in
the County as needed and required.
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance
Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holidaysTo view
information on Larimer County's Benefits, visit
The typical schedule is Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM. Hybrid work
environment. Training and certification opportunities are paid for
by the County.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion
of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana
is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for
marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which
the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment
being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined
as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the
closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin,
marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military
status, or any other characteristic protected by law or
Keywords: Larimer County, Fort Collins , Jr Project Manager, Executive , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!