Produce Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager)
Company: Wholefoods Market
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Produce Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager)
page is loaded Produce Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department
Manager) Apply locations CO, Fort Collins - Fort Collins time type
Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id
Req-20230504885 Job DescriptionAssists the Team Leader in all
aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense
control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and
special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All
Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company
image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to
customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be
performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating
Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to
perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions.
All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals,
promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and
ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports and
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops /
maintains awareness of new products.
- Maintains good vendor relationships, develops new vendor
relations, and ensures all paperwork is properly submitted for
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in
absence of Team Leader
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals. Job
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our
products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building , and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitor ing profitability, and managing
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills , and
ability to prioritize and delegate .
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operation s-
related applications. Experience
- 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of
supervisory experience Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery. Note : The
purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of
essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an
exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or
requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. The wage range for this position is $19.05 -
$33.20 Hourly, commensurate with experience. Whole Foods Market
offers "Whole Benefits". Whole Benefits may include health
insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a store
discount, paid time off and access to other benefit programs.
Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the terms of the
applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person's date of hire. At Whole
Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity
for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any
other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires
and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs. Whole Foods Market works
with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote
opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career
sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent.
We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.
About Us Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and
organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards
in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable
agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to
shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we're
all about. Oh yeah, we're a mission-driven company too.Whole Foods
Market attracts people who are passionate - about great food, about
the communities they live in, about how we treat our planet and our
fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the
workplace and make a difference.Learn more about careers at Whole
Foods Market here ! Privacy Notice
Keywords: Wholefoods Market, Fort Collins , Produce Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager), Executive , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...