Division Director of Patient Experience
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA/HealthONE, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000
employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare
services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100
freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United
Division Director of Patient Experience--GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Patient ExperienceDirector is passionate about the
patient/family experience and committed to thecare and improvement
of human life.-- TheDirector is responsible for ensuring that our
mission, vision, values, andstandards of behavior are coached,
validated, and demonstrated in the workplaceensuring accelerated
and continuous improvement.-- Additionally, the Director is
responsiblefor system-wide programs, initiatives, training and
interventions focused onensuring that our customers' experience is
consistent, seamless, andexceptional. The Director observes the
patient experience environment as wellas the behaviors of care
providers and provides real-time coaching andeducation. Provides
direct feedback to management regarding implementation ofprocess
changes to achieve and sustain patient experience best
practices.Assists managers and staff with communication and
integration of improvementefforts. Identifies resistance and
barriers to change; addresses issuesappropriately to facilitate and
sustain improved patient satisfaction outcomes.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOTLIMITED TO:
- Effectively coaches, influences, collaborates and consults with
individuals at all levels of the organization to ensure the
achievement of organizational goals.
- Performs assigned hospital and unit-level data analyses and
process observations in key service areas (i.e., inpatient,
outpatient, ED, ambulatory services, etc.) in order to identify and
address current service performance gaps.
- Identify improvement areas and provide recommendations/proposed
action plans to hospital leadership teams.--
- In collaboration with the Human Resources department, orients
new leaders to the Culture of Excellence standards and validates
new leader competency for a one year period.--
- Provide reporting to key stakeholdersregarding improvement
- Identify and evaluate internal and externalbest practices;
recommends system-wide improvements based on these evidencebased
- Conducts engaging training classes, real-timelearning labs,
validation labs and meetings as needed in support of
- Monitorpatient experience change efforts and evaluate results.
Validate and ensureconsistent application of evidence-based tools
and techniques for patientexperience.
- Workscollaboratively with Clinical Education and Organizational
Developmentdepartments to support new grad programs; charge nurse
development and otherleader and entry level programs.
- Validate that information gathered during rounds and service
recovery activities are tracked/trended and reported to the
leadership team on an ongoing basis.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Abilityto handle difficult conversations and situations
constructively; savvyinteracting with physicians/executive
- Articulate writtenand verbal communication, with well-honed
- Excellentattention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability toeffectively understand business issues and data
challenges of the customer.
- Demonstratedability to promote openness to change using both
evidence and influence skills.
- Exhibit abilityto remain positive and persistent in the face of
resistance to change.
- Demonstratedability to work both independently and in a team
- Demonstratedstrength in facilitation and working with diverse
- Demonstrated strengthworking proactively within complex team
and organizational settings ---- -- -- --
- Ability tofunction independently using strong time management
and organizational skills.
- Proficientlyutilizes Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint).Benefits: As a full-time employee, you'll enjoy
flexible scheduling, competitive pay, 401k, tuition reimbursement
of up to $5250 annually, PTO, health, life, dental, disability and
more ... and a huge opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one
of the largest and most successful hospital corporations in the
- Bachelor---s Degree required
- Master---s Degree preferredLICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS
- None required. BSN preferred.EXPERIENCE
- 3 --- 5 years minimum experience in coaching, process
improvement, change management, patient experience and/or adult
education with demonstrated ability to drive results. Experience
with the Studer Group evidence based leadership tactics
preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires prolonged sitting, bending, stooping and stretching.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office
equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record,
prepare and communicate appropriately. Requires lifting up to 20
pounds occasionally. Majority of work is performed in an office
environment with auto travel and some air/overnight travel
required. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve
dealing with angry or upset people.
Notice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HealthONE, Fort Collins , Division Director of Patient Experience, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!