Contract Physician - Plasma Center Medical Director
Company: Grifols Inc.
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the
future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions
of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its
foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the
health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four
divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies -
develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and
services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Job Title: Center Medical and Laboratory Director
The Center Medical and Laboratory Director works under the
supervision of the Division Medical Director, for professional
competency matters, and the Center Management, for administrative
matters. It is his/her responsibility to follow and be compliant
with the guidelines and regulations of the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) and the company's Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP), and all applicable regulatory agencies to ensure
proper donor assessment in regards to their suitability as a plasma
donor and product integrity.
Primary responsibilities for role:
* Serves as recognized Center Medical and Laboratory Director for
all verbal and/or written correspondence to state Department(s) of
Health and other regulatory agencies related to their assigned
donor center(s), as required.
* Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and
responsiveness to customer needs.
* Observe and confirm compliance of the Center's medical and
laboratory procedures as they affect the safety of the donors and
the final product; and provide feedback to Facility Management
* Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing
physical examinations and taking medical and social histories on
all donors, and through the use of the company's FDA approved
Standard Operating Procedure manual, current State and Federal
guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, pertinent sections of the CFR, all
internal company procedures as well as personal education and
* Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established donor
suitability, donor safety and product safety.
* Oversee and assist in the certification, training and performance
of the center medical staff and center physicians (as applicable)
as it pertains to the donor assessment and to compliance with the
Company's standard operating procedures (SOP).
* Provide additional necessary training, re-certification and
corrective actions for the center's Medical Staff.
* Provide guidance and certification of the center's medical staff
regarding: a) the appropriate and confidential counseling to
individuals with unacceptable test results, and b) the appropriate
level of care during unusual or severe donor reactions.
* Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable
individuals and to individuals with abnormal test results.
* Provide appropriate level of care during unusual or severe donor
* Management, training, administration and/or supervision of all
approved donor immunization programs, if available at the center,
according to established protocol.
* Recommend changes and improvements to Standard Operating
* Assist with management and administration of donor counseling,
testing, and follow up of employee exposure to blood or plasma.
* Assist or manage the employee immunization program.
* Learn, understand and be independent working with the Donor
Management System (DMS) as it relates to the duties and
responsibilities of this position.
* Participate and collaborate with center's CLIA, Safety, Quality
meetings and other meetings as necessary.
* Provide education sessions to the medical staff according to the
Company's standard operating procedures (SOP).
* Review and approve the CLIA-defined moderate complexity test
procedures, as required.
* Act as Technical and Clinical Consultant for all CLIA regulated
testing in compliance with the responsibilities outlined in 42 CFR,
Part 493, Laboratory Requirements, Subpart M, Sections 493.1413 and
493.1419, Standards; Technical Consultant and Clinical Consultant
* Complete the CLIA competency assessment for all employees who
perform CLIA designated moderate complexity tests according to
* Review the QA reports for timely and appropriate actions on
moderate complexity procedures for test problems.
* Review results of moderate complexity tests and proficiency
testing by the plasma center staff as required.
* As requested, provide a copy of the current medical license,
curriculum Vitae, diplomas, and other documents to fulfill State,
Federal and company requirements.
* Meet monthly with the Division Medical Director.
* Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for the Center Medical and Laboratory Director role, you
must meet the following job requirements:
* Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
* Current, unrestricted license in the state in which the center
* Maintain current CPR certification.
* Evidence of fulfillment of CLIA requirements as Director of a
Laboratory of Moderate Complexity by either evidence of completion
of specialty training in Pathology or Hematology or certification
of completion of 20 hours of Medical Education Course in Laboratory
Practice. Required to fulfill after hired.
* Must have legible handwriting.
* Ability to read and write the English Language.
* Must be able to use a PC.
Grifols will provide paid training for the position. Prior
experience is not required.
The position requires a MINIMUM of four (4) hours every calendar
week during the center business hours. This is an excellent
opportunity for primary care physicians, and other specialties, who
are working 4.5 days/week or less in a clinical setting and would
like to expand their experience and compensation.
THE PHYSICIAN MUST LIVE NEAR THE AREA -- NO MORE THAN A 40-MILE
COMMUTE FROM THE DONOR CENTER
* Manual dexterity to perform all technical duties within scope of
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time - up to four (4)
hours at a time.
* Ability to lift, tug, pull up to twenty (20) pounds.
* Ability to view video display terminal less than 18'' away from
face - up to four (4) hours a time.
* Ability to articulate clearly.
* Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane as needed.
#BiomatUSA, #CB, #GrifolsJobs
GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minorities / Female /
Disability / Veterans
"We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy
and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : CO-Ft Collins
Keywords: Grifols Inc., Fort Collins , Contract Physician - Plasma Center Medical Director, Healthcare , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!