Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Care
Company: Cheyenne Regional
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center was founded in 1867 as a tent
hospital by the Union Pacific Railroad to treat workers injured
while building the transcontinental railroad. Today, we are the
largest hospital in the state of Wyoming, employing over 2,000
people, and treating over 350,000+ patients from southeastern
Wyoming, western Nebraska, and northern Colorado. We pride
ourselves on patient and employee experience by living our core
values of Integrity, Caring, Compassion, Respect, Service, Teamwork
and Excellence to I.N.S.P.I.R.E. great health.
Our team makes a difference every day by providing trusted
healthcare expertise through a passionate and I.N.S.P.I.R.E(ing)
approach with a personal touch. By living our values, we aim to
achieve our goal of becoming a 5-star rated hospital, providing
critical support and resources to our community and the greater
region we serve. If you are eager to make a difference and
passionate about healthcare, we encourage you to apply today!
Why Work at Cheyenne Regional?
- ANCC Magnet Hospital
- 403(b) with 4% employer match
- 21 PTO days per year (increases with tenure)
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer Sponsored Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance program
Day in the Life of a RN Home Care:
Home Care positions travel to various locations within the city and
require the use of a personal vehicle with insurance coverage. This
position works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse
or other professional. Offers compassionate care to all patients
based on age-specific needs/expected outcomes, placing an emphasis
on high quality, comprehensive treatment, by means of an
interdisciplinary team and using a holistic approach.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Assists patient with personal care, essential homemaking
services, emotional, social, and spiritual support.
- Assists patient with transferring and ambulation. Assists
patient with prescribed exercises and simple procedures which have
been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for the patient. Use
safety and patient care equipment appropriately. Reinforce the safe
use of equipment to the patient.
- Uses proper body mechanics when providing patient
care/homemaking services. Use universal precautions in providing
services. Recognize limitations and seek assistance as needed.
- Observes patient condition and immediately communicate
- Records care given and pertinent changes in the patient's
condition on the Aide Flow Sheet.
- Ability to interact positively with patients, patient's
families and staff to promote positive patient care
- Ability to be flexible with department needs.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate persons
- Ability to speak clearly for patient communication
- Wyoming Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License
- Valid USA driver's license
- Must have clean driving record that follows Cheyenne Regional
Medical Center's driving guidelines
- Cheyenne Regional AHA RQI within 14 calendar days of start
- 30 Days: Home Health Aid (HHA) certification on CNA license
within 30 days of start date
- 1 or more years of experience as a C NA
Keywords: Cheyenne Regional, Fort Collins , Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Care, Healthcare , Wheatland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!