Restaurant Prep Cook
Company: Cafe Rio
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Earn up to $ 14.00/ hour plus tips!Stop in for an in-person
interview from 2-4:30PM daily! Ask for the manager.
The CK TM is responsible for performing any combination of duties
that would maintain the kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment
and utensils in a clean and orderly condition. The common task of
the kitchen staff involves actual cooking and food preparation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare food items for the daily menu which includes cutting or
chopping or peeling, sorting, and washing.
- Cook with various culinary techniques, such as deep frying,
broiling, grilling, baking, boiling etc--- following Caf-- Rio
recipes and present food quickly and efficiently, meeting Caf-- Rio
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash them by hand or place
them to dish-washing machine/sinks.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Empty trash as needed.
- Maintain a clean kitchen counter, stove, griddle, oven,
refrigerator and kitchen instruments.
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and report any maintenance
issues to the manager.
- Monitor temperature of all refrigerators and freezers
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work
- Monitor inventory and report items that need to be
- Be responsible for a neat, clean, and professional
- Comply with Department of Public Health Regulation and all
other applicable laws and regulations.
- Be punctual when reporting to work as well as performing
- Be involved and contribute in team meetings.
- Complete all appropriate company documentation and key tasks,
on every shift.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and follows each
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by kitchen
manager and General Manager.
REPORTS to: the CK Manager
EMPLOYEE REVIEWThe above job description identifies the essential
job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned
to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended
to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
job functions. The information contained herein is subject to
change at company's discretion.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must have a basic knowledge of kitchen sanitation, kitchen
equipment, knife handling skills, and reading and math skills.
- Be able to work in a high-energy and demanding
- Must be able to multi-task, maintain a professional manner,
work quickly, and communicate well to ensure all orders are
satisfactory to customers.
- Be able to measure ingredients accurately and must be able to
understand and carry out instructions.
- Behave professionally and be flexible to change.
- Be physically capable of carrying items as needed to perform
the above-stated tasks.
95% of time standing and 5% of time sitting.
- Occasional exposure to cold, heat, and water.
Keywords: Cafe Rio, Fort Collins , Restaurant Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!