Team Leader- (corporate Secretarial)
Company: Northern Trust
Posted on: May 11, 2022
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance
to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals
globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000
partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using
leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a
flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history
of financial strength and stability. Movement within the
organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you
can take pride in working for a company that is committed to
strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing
adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities.
If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the
employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in
thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top
employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity for the individual to progress
their career in the global funds or financial services
The role requires the delivery of professional, effective, high
quality corporate secretarial statutory services on behalf of a
number of listed and unlisted companies, limited partnerships,
fiduciary structures and unit trusts. The role includes the
supervision and training of junior staff, and day-to-day management
of the statutory responsibilities of the team including oversight
of the timely completion of tasks by the team.
This position also includes managing the board relationship aspect
for a small portfolio of Guernsey and non-Guernsey, listed and
unlisted entities with the minimum of supervision in a
professional, effective, and high quality manner.
We will provide the training, both in house and externally for
maintaining the relevant technical knowledge and also for
professional qualifications to enhance both your professional
development and ability to provide sound administration services.
You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with
people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and
clients are at the heart of what we do.
The overall purpose of this position is to manage and carry out
routine day-to-day company secretarial services and administration
of corporate and fund structures, reporting to a Senior Manager of
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Manage a team of corporate secretarial partners
* Ownership and/or coordination of department projects,
representing the department at internal management meetings
* Manage the statutory requirements of a portfolio of Guernsey and
non-Guernsey, listed and unlisted entities with minimal
* Undertake listing work for any listed entities within the
portfolio, including drafting stock exchange announcements
* Organise, prepare and review documents for and take minutes of
general meetings of listed and unlisted companies
* Manage accurate statutory books of portfolio including registers
of members, directors and secretaries, ensuring that all amendments
are made, and requests for registers are dealt with in a timely
* Manage statutory requirements of portfolio (i.e. statutory
returns, annual & ad hoc filings, etc.)
* Review of prime documents (e.g. M&A, Administration
Agreements, Prospectus, Scheme Particulars, Service Level Documents
* Board Services
* For a small portfolio, manage all aspects of company secretarial
matters including the preparation of agendas, collation and
distribution of board packs, obtaining directors availability,
attending meetings and drafting minutes and resolutions for routine
* Maintenance of statutory and internal records, databases and
* Manage audit requests of corporate entities.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients,
colleagues and other business contacts
* Undertake routine and office clerical tasks where necessary.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
* Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA)
Professional or Diploma or equivalent
* A thorough knowledge of the offshore fund industry particularly
with regard to the statutory and regulatory requirements for
* A reasonable knowledge of the London Stock Exchange and The
International Securities Exchange listing requirements and
continuing obligations would be advantageous
* An understanding of the key corporate governance Codes (AIC, UK
* Ability to manage time and prioritise caseload effectively in
order for own and teams deadlines are met deadlines to be met
* Good attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working
relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts
* Effective communication (written and verbal) with a good command
of the English language
* Competent skills with Microsoft Office Suite and PDF, and
experienced in the use of Word and Excel
* Understanding of end-to-end board meeting process
Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience
could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical
companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and
career goals in a number of ways:
Financial - Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity,
Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance - Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual
Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports &
Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance,
Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual
& in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource
Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means
different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements
and together we can achieve greater.
Keywords: Northern Trust, Fort Collins , Team Leader- (corporate Secretarial), Hospitality & Tourism , Guernsey, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!