Bakery Team Member (Service Counter) - Full Time
Company: Whole Foods Market
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job DescriptionProvides support as a member of the Bakery team
to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Bakery
area and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards.
Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and
stocking shelves. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require
ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly,
and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend
significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and
pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions
must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national,
regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence
to all applicable health and safety regulations.Job
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and
shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes,
rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Stocks and cleans shelves, bins, and display areas.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to
buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership. Job Skills
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- No prior retail experience required. Physical Requirements /
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders. Note: The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.The wage range for
this position is $16.00 - $24.40 Hourly, commensurate with
experience. Whole Foods Market offers Whole Benefits". Whole
Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits,
eligibility for a store discount, paid time off and access to other
benefit programs. Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined
under the terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a persons
date of hire.At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal
employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Fort Collins , Bakery Team Member (Service Counter) - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!