Technical Success Manager, OpsBridge Suite Next Gen
Company: Micro Focus
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Technical Success Manager, OpsBridge Suite Next Gen
TECHNICAL SUCCESS MANAGER, OPSBRIDGE SUITE NEXT GEN
Micro Focus helps organizations run and transform its business
through four core areas of digital transformation: Enterprise
DevOps, Hybrid IT Management, Predictive Analytics and Security,
Risk, and Governance. Our software provides the critical tools they
need to build, operate, secure, and analyze their enterprise. By
design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging
technologies enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the
race to digital transformation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Technical Success Manager, OpsBridge Suite Next Gen, as a member of
the OperationsBridge (OpsB) Technical Success team, and the larger
ITOM (IT Operations Management) Customer Success charter, is
focused on optimizing the overall experience customers have with
the OpsB product suite. The Technical Success team works with Micro
Focus Sales and Presales, and provides technical expertise in big
deal opportunities. We also work with our customers during
onboarding and go-live activities, where we offer technical and
functional advice on implementations, review customer requirements,
answer questions on internal and external OpsB forums, and support
specialized customer demos.
Our team is a key contributor to ITOM s transition from selling
traditional, standalone products to creating customer value through
our next-generation, suite-based approach running on Docker &
Kubernetes. As a trusted adviser to the customer, you will be
working with them on their journey through this transition,
establishing a long-term partnership that will allow us to turn
them into a strong reference and advocate for the OpsB suite.
Your in-depth understanding of customer requirements, use cases,
and challenges in the Operations Management space will allow us to
build better products and suites. In close cooperation with Product
Management and R&D, your input and feedback will be used to
influence our future roadmap.
We are looking for people with a unique combination of technical
expertise, enterprise implementation, project management, and
excellent customer management experience.
Your focus will be on the NEXT GENERATION OF THE CONTAINERIZED OPSB
offering, which will be based on the ITOM Platform and the COSO
Data Lake capabilities including also components like BVD (Business
THE TECHNICAL SUCCESS MANAGER, OPSBRIDGE SUITE NEXT GEN WILL:
* Assist Micro Focus Software Sales and Technical Presales by
providing technical expertise for big deal opportunities, during
proof-of-concept installations, proof-of-value evaluations, or
* Assist Professional Services and our partners in their
implementation projects by providing solution architecture, sizing
and configuration reviews.
* Review requirements and design with the customer and
implementation team, provide in-depth technical expertise and
recommendations following best practices and lessons learned from
other customer implementations.
* Review and prioritization of customer reported defects and
enhancement requests critical for go live, coordinate with Product
Management and R&D teams.
* Promote opportunities for two-way communication between the
customer and various Micro Focus groups, identify opportunities for
references and advocacy.
* Help customers identify risks to achieving their stated business
* Identify areas qualified as customer pain points and propose
solutions (documentation, tools).
* Bring back to R&D and the Product Management team the
customer feedback and influence future product direction.
* Actively participate on internal and external forums and
communities, providing advice and best practices.
* Promote the OpsB suite through writing technical white papers,
publishing blogs, or contributing to customer success stories.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor degree required, at a minimum. Technical degree
* 10-12 years experience, including Customer facing role that
includes, but is not limited to, issue resolution and escalation
management at the technical, business owner and executive
* Experience working in a multi-cultural global organization.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to be an honest
advocate, willing to push back when needed for the best interest of
the business and the customer.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Passion for working with customers.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Autonomous in resolving problems without Product team
* Knowledge of operations management and automation spaces, incl.
Micro Focus classic/containerized Operations Bridge Manager (OBM;
aka OMi), Business Value Dashboard (BVD), Operations Agent,
Operations Bridge Reporter (OBR), Application Performance
Management (APM with products such as SiteScope, BPM) and
underlying technologies such as CMS/UCMDB, COSO Data Lake
component, Vertica, Postgres.
* Knowledge about typical OpsB integrations of other element
managers such as Micro Focus NOM Suite (e.g. Network Node Manager
(NNMi)), Microsoft SCOM, Nagios, VMWare portfolio, ServiceNow
* Cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
* Docker, Kubernetes and Micro Focus ITOM-Platform (based on Docker
& K8S), OpenShift
* Linux (RedHat, SUSE, shell scripting, LDAP, administration) and
MS Windows (scripting, Active Directory, and administration).
* Groovy scripting
* Good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
* Good networking skills (IP, load balancers, DNS, etc.).
* Willing to travel in-country and internationally.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our
available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT
DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL
ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY
Keywords: Micro Focus, Fort Collins , Technical Success Manager, OpsBridge Suite Next Gen, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!