VR Software Lead
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 11, 2022
HP's vision and promise is to engineer experiences that amaze.
With the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and the brain,
muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation, we
continue to deliver ground-breaking new technologies to build on
our 80-year legacy of innovation.The XR team within Personal
Systems is a high-performance, high-integrity organization looking
for motivated and talented software engineers with a passion for
customers, quality, and developing the latest technology in virtual
reality. We value collaboration, ingenuity, tenacity, and a sense
of humor. So, join our team, work hard, solve problems, and watch
as your efforts have a direct impact on the future of HP and the
performance and well-being of customers around the world.This
position is for an experienced software engineer on the HP Omnicept
software team with proven software development knowledge to solve
complex technical issues. The ideal candidate would have some
experience with VR and VR technologies with a willingness to learn
about new technologies in order to shape the HP VR roadmap.The team
is split between the US and Taipei, Taiwan.Responsibilities
- Driving the technology vision for the VR software team.
- Staying up to date with respect to new technologies
- Leadership in an Agile-based software development team
- Developing new software features to support new
- Defining new feature acceptance criteria with Product
- Coordinating and cooperating with Software Quality Assurance
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues and defects found
internally or by customers
- Participating and/or leading technical meetings
- Participating and/or leading software development
- Supporting steady and regular cadence of public software
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into
projects and activities in the software systems design
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff
members.Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or equivalent work
experience. Requires 6-10 years' experience in professional
software development.Critical Competencies and Qualifications to
Drive Business Results:
- Experience with C++, C#, and Python with strong OO design and
- Modern C++ standards and practice (C++17)
- Understanding the fundamentals of AI/ML used in software
- Advanced understanding of software debugging practices.
- API development and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in a large, diverse
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem-solving
- Ability to clearly document test results, defects, and other
- Possessing the following leadership qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Goal oriented
- Able to implement creative solutions.
- Delivers resultsPreferred Competencies and Qualifications to
Drive Business Results:
- Multi-threaded application design experience.
- OpenXR fundamentals
- DirectX or Vulkan experience
- Understanding of modern VR hardware systems and runtimes.
- Experience developing plugins for Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Knowledge about the mechanics of modern, real-time graphics
- Experience developing cross-platform (Windows and Linux)
- Client/Server and/or peer to peer design and networking
- Experience with machine learning algorithm development,
training, and implementationHP offers a comprehensive benefits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insuranceThe estimated range of compensation for this job
at the time of this posting is $102,000 - $138,000. This position
may be eligible for incentive pay, for openings where this is
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career
as well as the world around you.So are we. We love taking on tough
challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what's next.
We're in search of talented people who are inspired by big
challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries
around the world united in creating technology that makes life
better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion -
it's just who we are.From the boardroom to factory floor, we create
a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be
themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves.
We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your
authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you're
more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and
Keywords: HP, Fort Collins , VR Software Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!