Company: Kelly Services
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Research Associate - (Fort Collins, Colorado)Temp Role
4-5 months depending on the project
Starting salary 24.50 per hour
Work Hours 8-5 (day shift)
Lab Experience a plus, GLP, HPLC Experience and experience with Lab
Purpose and Scope
Under general supervision the analyst perform routine sample
analyses, data review, document review, test method development,
and test method validation. The analyst uses in-house standard
operating procedures and pharmaceutical industry knowledge. The
analyst fosters an environment of safety and company culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply regulations for drugs and medical devices, including USP,
ICH and FDA regulations for cGMP and GLP with minimal guidance.
- Adhere to validated test methods, standard operating
procedures, and applicable industry guidance.
- Independently perform routine sample analyses in support of GLP
and/or R&D stability protocols.
- Analyze samples of drug product, drug substance, and/or
- Assist other departments in analyzing samples, as
- Maintain and review laboratory notebooks according to cGMP
standards and in-house standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Record detailed observations. Tabulate, analyze, review, and
interpret data from analytical tests.
- Perform analytical test method development, qualification, and
- Perform equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, and minor
- Assist the Quality Control (QC) laboratory in troubleshooting
test method issues.
- Write and review technical reports, summaries, protocols, test
methods, standard operating procedures, and other documents for
- Use technical discretion in the execution, and interpretation
of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
- Participate in required trainings.
- Serve as contact for vendors and contract laboratories as
- Interact closely with project teams and across departments.
- Learn to mentor, train, and coach others.
- Provide analytical support to Formulation Development and
interact with team members.
- Participates in required annual hazardous waste training.
Hazardous waste involvement may include but is not limited to
container and tank management and inspections, generation of
hazardous waste as a part of production or sampling processes, and
transfer of hazardous waste between lab procedure area, satellite
accumulation, and storage. Responsible for daily activities and
supervising staff that are hazardous waste generators and/or
handlers. Respond to spills according to the Chemical Spill
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experienced in the operation of analytical laboratory
instruments such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, pH, GC, UV-Vis
spectrophotometry, TLC, Karl Fischer titration, rheometry.
- Experience with sample preparation from a variety of
- Working understanding of FDA regulations, USP, NF, ICH, EP, and
other pertinent compendia.
- Experience in the effective writing and accurate review of
technical reports, summaries, protocols, test methods, standard
operating procedures, and other documents for use in the company or
for submission to government agencies.
- Basic understanding of drug product formulation development
- Experience with laboratory and wet chemistry techniques (e.g.
weighing, volumetric glassware, titrations, etc.).
- Experience in equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, and
- Experience with method development and validation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with use of electronic document management
- Experienced with use of word processing, spreadsheet, and
- Experienced with MS Office.
- Experience with computer systems for sample tracking,
laboratory equipment, and raw data handling.
- Learn and apply new techniques
- Attention to detail. Accurate and consistent in data
compilation and review.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, with other analysts,
and handle multiple projects and timelines concurrently.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in chemistry or a related
- Three or more years of related analytical laboratory experience
or a Masters' degree with one year industry related experience.
Why Kelly--?Kelly-- Science is your connection to premier
scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people
just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream
jobs that fit their skills and interestsits the way we think job
searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters
have a professional background/education in science, so we know a
thing or two about the science market and how to get you
noticed.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about whats
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, were a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Fort Collins , Research Associate, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!