Tool Tech I
Company: Church & Dwight
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 4, 2020
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our
products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and
collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means
each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We
have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is
possible. While we might not be the largest company in our
industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because:
Together We Have the Power to Win.
Service and fabricate tooling/molding components or production and
assembly fixturing from existing components, blue prints, sketches,
and/or verbal instructions. Respond to production mold, Bruderer,
scaler, tooling, or fixture problems and molded or manufactured
part discrepancies. Assist coworkers and engineers in analyzing
problems and take appropriate corrective action. Basic CNC
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Promote safe work habits within the department and within the
Company. Display strong team player skills. Cooperate with persons
in the department and outside the department. Promote cooperation
with customers and department staff.
- Assist in analyzing fixture, tooling, equipment, or mold
problems and making necessary repairs in an effective and efficient
manner. Ensure that maintenance, repair, or fabrication is to
standards that meet product quality and specification requirements
and mold or manufacturing process capability.
- Demonstrate ability in basic planning, layout, and execution of
complex machining operations in fixturing and tooling construction.
Work from blue prints, sketches or verbal information provided by
engineers, mold makers, project leaders or other tool room
- Promote continuous improvement by learning new techniques and
having a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Possess necessary precision measuring equipment and hand tools.
Must have knowledge of surface grinding.
- Respond to machine down problems or other urgencies in an
expeditious manner. Able to maintain quality work while attaining
on time delivery goals.
- Take an active part in the performance review process.
Participate on appropriate department based teams.
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in
compliance with all corporate policies.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Assist in
procedure development when required. Ensure product quality and
take appropriate action when non-conformances are identified.
Maintain accurate records as required.
- Maintain and update Oracle based mold service procedures.
- Assist in all areas of production, as needed, to meet
department production goals and perform other duties, as
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to hold machine tolerances to .001 inches and grinding
tolerances to 0.0001 inches. Have experience in drilling, tapping,
boring, milling, grinding and turning with the capability of
teaching these skills to others.
- Basic knowledge in the operation of tool room machine tools.
Capable of producing parts within dimensional and surface finish
- Basic skill level performance in all required operations of the
Manufacturing Support departments. Maintain efficiency, accuracy
and use good judgment under pressure.
- Demonstrate good workmanship, initiative and ingenuity,
cooperation and communication skills.
- Able to read blue print and use personal computers and
applicable software (i.e. Oracle). Follow performance and
craftsmanship examples of consistently producing quality work,
taking care of Company equipment and good housekeeping.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Have some formal vocational training or one to two years
technical experience in machine shop practices, tool and die or
- Have good math skills including algebra and trigonometry.
- Additional trade-related training, welding, pneumatics,
electronics seminars and classes helpful.
- Surface Grinding
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Accustom to working conditions in a tool and die and injection
molding or manufacturing environment including: acceptable noise
levels, dust and odors from plastic material and other associated
chemicals, and exposure to high temperatures.
- Overtime may be required.
- Hearing protection and eye protection are required.
- Safety shoes are recommended.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver's license
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Department
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture
visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Keywords: Church & Dwight, Fort Collins , Tool Tech I, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!