Storage and Backup Administrator - Team Lead (CO, Fort Collins)
Company: Koniag Government Services
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Koniag Government Services is looking for a Storage and Backup
Administrator (Team Lead) to join our team in support of a federal
client located in Fort Collins, CO. Pursuant to PL 93-638, as
amended, Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are a
member of a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits
package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with
company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three
weeks paid time off, and more.
* Skills in evaluating specifications and features of new products,
performing product comparisons, feasibility, cost benefit analysis,
performance and compatibility testing. Determine customer business
requirements and make technical recommendations regarding software
and hardware to meet those requirements.
* Participate in creation of storage and SAN RFP s and RFQ s based
on product analysis, design, and evaluations of storage, SAN, and
* Use technical expertise to assist database administrators, server
administrators, and end users to identify methodologies to
integrate servers, databases, and applications into the storage,
SAN, and DR infrastructure.
* Lead the initial configuration, install, and deployment of
storage arrays, DR, and SAN.
* Use expertise to manage the day-to-day operation of storage;
including VNX, VMAX, VCE, Power Vault, EqualLogic arrays and SAN
infrastructure (Cisco and Brocade).
* Determine virtual disks (LUN) requirements and create LUNs from
* Create storage pools on the storage arrays based on various user
requirements (i.e. db, logs, filetypes ) and storage groups to map
virtual disks to servers.
* Monitor usage of storage pools, LUNs, I/O, and overall health of
storage arrays (including IO, pools, hardware, firmware ).
* Monitor performance of storage including LUNs, storage pools, I/O
* Troubleshoot issues with storage array via diagnostic tools,
logs, tech docs, and expertise.
* Troubleshoot performance issues using performance tools, tech
docs, and expertise.
* Work with vendors to open trouble tickets, and take corrective
actions as necessary.
* Tune performance of storage arrays.
* Upgrade storage firmware and software as required.
* Proficiency in array based replication, snaps, and cloning; both
local and remote.
* Maintain storage management toolset (i.e. Unisphere, Navisphere,
CLI, ESRI ), with skills in using CLI to script various jobs or
tasks in storage array, SAN, and RecoverPoint.
* Knowledge of VCE converged infrastructure; to include storage
array, SAN networking, VDS, and management tools like Vision and
UCS manager. Also a working knowledge of VMware vSphere.
* Install, maintain, and administer enterprise SAN storage
solutions; in both core-edge and mesh topology using enterprise
class fibre channel Cisco and Brocade switches.
* Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot the SAN fabric, including
the ability to create zones, assign ports, and bandwidth
* Expertise in integrating new SAN switches or modules into either
core-edge or mesh topologies, this includes merging fabrics, adding
or enhancing ISL s, trunking to increase bandwidth or redundancy,
increasing port count without losing performance.
* Expert knowledge in SAN management tools (i.e. DCNM, disk
manager, CLI ).
* Maintain all SAN hardware, software, and firmware; which includes
keeping all components at the latest versions.
* Expertise in remote and local replication via RecoveryPoint for
* Configuring new appliances.
* Creating new consistency groups for new or expanding
* Managing daily ops.
* Configuring and tuning to meet customer performance
* Troubleshooting issues with replication.
* Maintaining software and firmware versions, and licensing.
* Configure, monitor, and maintain device security to specified
security guidelines and STIGs. Resolve and document resolution of
any resulting security findings.
* Review and update procedures/documentation for all storage, SAN,
and replication appliances.
* Skills in Microsoft tools (i.e. spreadsheets, powerpoint, word,
visio ) to provide technical information, and documentation,
configuration and usage data to meet requests for internal system
reviews, audits, or for planning and reporting.
* EMC VCE, VMAX, and VNX storage arrays
* EMC Control Center, Powerpath, Navisphere, Unisphere, VCE
* EMC RecoverPoint, EMC Replication manager
* Cisco and Brocade SAN switches
* Cisco Fabric Manager, DataCenter Network Manager (DCNM), Brocade
Enterprise Fabric Connectivity Manager (EFCM)
* VMware SRM
* DELL EqualLogic and PowerVault arrays.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard
office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate.
The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the
incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must
be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand
moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift
and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required for the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not
discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender
identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational
qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran
status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor
protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits
and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If
you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position
on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request
About our Company
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned
corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native
communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that
delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and
Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly
owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial
solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to
provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational
solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our
customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a
commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term
success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the
collective interests of our customers, employees, and native
communities. For more information, please visit
Keywords: Koniag Government Services, Fort Collins , Storage and Backup Administrator - Team Lead (CO, Fort Collins), Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!