Crew Chief, Facilities
Company: City of Fort Collins
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: February 23, 2021
If you are a City employee, please apply using your work email
address/FC3 credentials. POSITION TITLE: Crew Chief, Facilities
(Full-Time Regular) (Classified)
REQUISITION #: req2601
DEPARTMENT: L&P Electric Field Services
LOCATION: UTILITIES SERVICE CTR - BLDG A
BENEFIT CATEGORY: Classified (Non-CBU) View Classifications &
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $55,198.00 - 91,997.00 (Salaries are paid
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. MT on
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully
submitted an application. Your completed application will be
forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are
selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your
contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will
be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check
required, MVR and drug test required within 48 hours of offer. CDL
Drivers are required to register with the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol
Clearinghouse at : https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov
Located--against--the--foothills--of the Rocky Mountains and home
to Colorado State--University--(CSU),--the City of Fort Collins
offers a diverse culture, educated and engaged--citizens,--outdoor
recreation, bicycles,--breweries,--historic--charm,--and a thriving
economy. Throughout the--year,--live music and entertainment,--as
well as great local dining,--can--be found throughout
the--historic--downtown area. Fort--Collins--offers the convenience
of a small town--with--all the--amenities of a--larger city. The
City's long list--of--acknowledgements--includes:
- No. 5 Best Remote-Ready Cities: Livability.com Jan 2021
- Top 30 Creative Small Cities: CVSuite - May 2020
- No. 18 Safest Cities in America: SafeWise - April 2020
- No. 1 Best Place to Live: Livability.com March 2020
- No. 9 Most Fitness Friendly Places: SmartAsset - Dec 2019
- No. 7 Safest Driving Cities: Allstate - June 2019
- No. 4 Best U.S. Cities to Raise a Family: MarketWatch - April
- No. 9 Best Performing Cities: Milken Institute - Jan 2019
- No. 3 U.S. Cities with Highest Economic Confidence: Yahoo - Nov
- No. 1 City in America for Cycling: PeopleForBikes-May 2018
- Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation Award:
Alliance for Innovation-April 2018
- The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award-Nov 2017
- 18th Best City for Career Opportunities: SmartAsset - Sep
- 3rd Best College Town to Live in Forever: College Ranker - July
- 25 Best Towns Ever: Where to Live Now: Outside Magazine - June
- No. 1 Stable and Growing Housing Market: Realtor.com-June
- 11th Happiest City in America: Yahoo! Finance - March 2017
- No. 9 Top 150 Cities for Millennials Report: Millennial
Personal Finance - Feb 2017
- No. 2 Best Cities for Small Business Owners: ValuePenguin - Feb
2017 Why--Work--For the--City of Fort Collins?
- Medical, dental, vision (for self, spouse, children)
---eligible--on--the 1st of the month following date of hire
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, and sick
- Retirement + company--contributions - after 6 month probation
period and--immediate vesting
- Flexible--spending: Medical expenses FSA, dependent FSA--or
- Employee--Assistance Program: counseling,
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability--
- Wellness program, workout facilities--
- Employee/family Onsite Health Clinic--
- Personal & professional
learning--opportunities--including--supervisory and leadership
development; plus career mobility
- Collaborative--work environment
Supervision of and working on a crew dedicated to landscaping
installation, maintenance, and repair for Utilities facilities and
customers. Includes sod, mowing, weeding, chemical applications of
herbicide and fertilizer, snow removal, irrigation work,
hardscapes, and restoration of yards affected by Utilities' work.
Collaborates with other City departments and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The following duties and
responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this
position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Develops work assignments, schedules and assigns crews to
complete a variety of complex skills such as construction,
installation, maintenance or repair activities.
- Provides interpretation and guidance regarding City policies
and safety regulations.
- Ensures crews work cooperatively in a professional setting.
- Provides customer service by answering questions, providing
information and referrals, and resolving complaints and problems.
- May manage a database program by collecting and entering
information and produces reports using information.
- Completes work orders, billings, material requisitions, reports
and mappings of work completed and other forms and reports as
- May take the lead in the evaluation, purchase, and maintenance
of equipment, vehicles, and supplies.
- Responds to service requests while "on call."
- Assumes responsibility for job site safety.
- May frequently perform the functions of employees supervised.
- Responsible to monitor and track employees' time, authorize
leave, and sign time sheets.
- May design and fabricate equipment.
- May interpret and implement complex engineering project
designs. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES Yes QUALIFICATIONS The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and abilities required to perform the necessary functions
of this position. CITY COMPENTENCIES
- Demonstrated cultural competence to effectively interact, work,
and develop meaningful relationships with people of diverse
identities, perspectives and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong learning orientation. Leverages all resources and is
creative in ways of learning for self to continue adapting to
changing issues and trends.
- A desire and ability to understand the diverse needs of
internal and external customers, and to create experiences and
deliver services that exceed their expectations.
- A desire and ability to utilize digital tools for
organizational information, individual, and teamwork.
- Experience building teams and implementing practices to lead
others well in an inclusive, high-performance organization. Skill
in integrating and synthesizing others' viewpoints to build
alignment of diverse perspectives to achieve results.
- Capable of creating conditions of emotional safety and
demonstrates self-awareness and regulation in responding to others.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate farm tractors, dump trucks, Bobcats, ATV's,
and other large equipment.
- Ability to use various power and manual tools.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair vehicles and
- Ability to occasionally work "on call".
- Ability to interpret blueprints, maps and conduct work based on
- Knowledge of construction, maintenance, or installation
techniques or procedures.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills.
- Ability to recognize hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Ability to use GIS, ArcView, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, graphics,
database, and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of applicable equipment, devices and their general
- Working knowledge of functions and operations of specific work
- Ability to attain certifications related Commercial Driver's
License, Certified Pesticide Applicator, and other certification as
needed. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Minimum-- High School Diploma or
GED and or functionally related licenses or certificates
2 or more years specialized training which may include technical or
vocational school; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES/SPECIALIZED TRAINING
- Valid driver's license.--
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class B or higher.
- May require special certification specific to area of
operation. FULL JOB DESCRIPTION Crew Chief, Facilities
The City of Fort Collins will make reasonable accommodations for
access to City services, programs and activities and will make
special communication arrangements for persons with disabilities.
Please call (970) 221-6535 for assistance.
Notice Regarding Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana Use:
Because the possession and use of marijuana,whether for medical use
or otherwise, constitutes a federal offense and because the City is
a drug free workplace, the City will not accommodate the medical
use of marijuana and enforces written policy prohibiting working
for the City while marijuana is in the body. The fact that state
law recognizes medical marijuana as a prescribed, or otherwise
permitted, medication does not alter or otherwise change this
The City of Fort Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied
without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender
expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin,
ancestry, age 40 years or older, marital status, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other
characteristics protected by law. For the purpose of this City
policy "sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived
orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality.
BACKGROUND CHECK, MVR AND DRUG TEST REQUIRED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF
Note: Some information in your application may be public
information under the Colorado Open Records Act.
See other job opportunities with our affiliates:
Keywords: City of Fort Collins, Fort Collins , Crew Chief, Facilities, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!