Position is located in Cheyenne, WY
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment
management firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of
real estate for a better world by using the most advanced
technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and
sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and
our communities. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate
owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
We have operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of
over 92,000 individuals. We believe a diverse and inclusive culture
is one where everyone succeeds. That's why we're committed to
creating an environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and
empowered to achieve our full potential.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job.
But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a
"perfect" candidate. JLL is a place where everyone can grow no
matter how they identify or what background they bring with them.
If you're a leader of any level or experience and this job
description resonates with you, let's talk.
What this job involves:
The Electrical Program Manages is responsible the electrical
programs and equipment within the assigned site to meet operational
and preventative maintenance standards. The Program Manager works
directly with Microsoft EE and CE operations team to write and
approve technical MOPs for electrical repairs/maintenance.
- Completes assigned projects by utilizing appropriate resources
effectively and balancing the customer requirements with the agreed
upon strategies of the company.
- Determines and facilitates the usages of resources, internal
and external, required for the project.
- Responsible for the successful management and completion of
- Responsible for the definition of customer project
- Own, manage and implement the project schedule as a project
management and client management visibility tool, establish
schedule to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Provide ongoing updates to internal team and customers
regarding project status and progress.
- Work to balance customer priorities and negotiate compromises
- Ensure all Projects are performed safely and in accordance with
the JLL Safety Policies/Procedures.
- Oversee the document management process to ensure procedures
and standards are established, maintained and performed.
- Capture all customer impacting and non-customer impacting
events in order to become more equipped to be proactive and
preventative (Problem/Incident Management (PIM).
- Ensure compliance by capturing and consolidating training into
a single system and produce high level reporting.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators, and Key Factors to be
used in the Measurement and Verification Phase.
- Provide proposals for retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements
to existing equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring high customer and employee
- Ensure customer project information such as work orders, job
worksheets, and site information is forwarded to other departments
such as operations and accounting to ensure quality customer
service, timely billing, and financial management of the
- Document, manage and appropriately escalate project and
customer issues and concerns.
- Communicate with other JLL Departments to ensure agreements are
successfully managed, opportunities are maximized, and customers
- Evaluate industry standards as new standards emerge for best
practices, and closely coordinate these potential opportunities
with our clients and share all applicable information abroad.
- Ability to clearly explain technical information internally and
externally to the customer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, And ABILITIES
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities
of a Critical Facilities Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Facilities Management,
Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study
or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience in facility management or related
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations and System configurations
- Five (5) years of experience in critical electrical industry
- Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint
- Expert knowledge of Data Center Operations and System
- Journeyman license is a plus
- Knowledge of building infrastructure systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team building and training skills required.
- Working knowledge of typical mechanical, electrical, plumbing,
and life safety systems associated to Critical Environments
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical ability to walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits
away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overtime as
required, and be "on call" on a 24 x 7 basis for emergency
- Work in potentially hazardous environments with noise, moving
parts, electrical and combustion equipment
What you can expect from us -
We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe and
believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each
other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you
achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions,
investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference REQ140746 at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment
process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data,
please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of
our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process - including the online application and/or
overall selection process - you may email us at
Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an
accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries
to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.