Principal Investigator - Senior Archaeologist
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 3, 2021
TRC Companies, Inc. is a global consulting, engineering, and
construction management firm that provides integrated services to
the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a
broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing
complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC has an opening for a full-time, permanent Principal
Investigator for Cultural Resources reporting to and/or based in
our Ft. Collins or Lakewood, Colorado offices.
The position will work with other environmental and cultural
resources staff to further develop TRC's cultural resource program
in Colorado and the greater Rocky Mountains. The successful
candidate will assist in managing agency and client relationships,
marketing, and proposal development; assist and advise other
cultural resources staff; and direct and manage large and complex
cultural resources projects.
We are seeking an individual enthusiastic about cultural
resource management and historic preservation with a strong
commitment to client service and technical excellence. This
position will require some travel based on client project needs.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and
benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a
company match. Remote work status is possible.
- Graduate degree (M.A. or Ph.D.) in anthropology, archaeology,
history, architectural history, historic preservation,
architecture, or closely related field;
- 10 or more years' experience of progressive experience in the
archaeology and/or architectural history of Colorado and the
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, environmental
review processes, and compliance requirements (e.g., Section 106
and State Register Act);
- SPECIFIC PERMITTING REQUIREMENTS;
- Meet the Secretary of Interior's Professional Qualifications
for Archaeology, History, Architectural History, or Historic
- Previous project experience working on federal (e.g., BLM,
USFS, NPS) and state lands (e.g., CSLB);
- regional experience that would allow for immediate permitting
with the local offices of federal agencies (e.g. BLM, USFS, BOR,
- Previous experience in following states is preferable: CO, UT,
WY, ID, MT, ND, SD, NE, and/or KS;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing,
peer-reviewing, public speaking;
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills;
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner, with a track
record of meeting deadlines and budgets and producing high quality
- A commitment to safety;
- Familiarity with digital data recordation and management;
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record; and
- Successful completion of a background check and drug
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Fort Collins , Principal Investigator - Senior Archaeologist, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!