Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Advance Energy
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEIS), enables design
breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and
industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies,
along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships
and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are
proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we
value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy's
Design, development, testing, and documentation of high
frequency, high current and voltage Switch Mode Power Supplies
(PMPS) and systems. Works with customers to understand
equipment/system requirements. Provides direction to engineers and
engineering technicians related to program specific work.
- Responsible for designing, ensuring designs comply with
regulatory compliance, performing design validation testing, and
failure analysis of high frequency, high voltage power converters
and DC power converters for DC and Pulsed DC applications including
subsystems of these including power sensors, magnetic components,
- Responsible for supporting Engineering efforts in the design
and analysis of new and existing systems, products, and
subsystems/circuits to specification, cost, budget, schedule, and
- Acts as main communication channel with vendors to provide
specifications for customized magnetic components, provide feedback
to vendor design team, and ensure that components fit within
Advanced Energy's design systems, while meeting project budget and
- Works with Senior Engineers to test circuits including
electrical performance, mechanical performance, and
- Responsible for documenting test results and proposing possible
- Works with R&D team to research converter topology and
control methods for power supply units
- Develops mathematics model and simulates circuits.
- Works with Senior Engineers to design power supply units to
- Assists Development Engineers in diagnosing issues with design,
field performance, reliability and test yields of products and
recommends/implements corrective actions to address
- Responsible for supporting Engineering efforts related to
various programs or projects and the corresponding administrative
documentation and paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working in
Engineering or similar with Bachelor's degree or 1-2 years'
experience in Engineering or similar with Master's degree.
- Understanding of high frequency high power converter circuits
and systems. (High power, high voltage design, circuit synthesis
and design, control systems design, magnetic component design,
power measurement system design), Switch Mode Power Supplies
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within defined
procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Proven ability to use professional concepts appropriate to
engineering, including analytical methods, computer aided analysis
and design tools, diagnostic instruments and test equipment, lab
skills appropriate to design, selecting appropriate components and
materials for designs.
- Ability to function within environment where general
instructions on routine work is received and detailed instructions
on new projects or assignments are received.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems with minimal
- Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal
- Experience with influencing in difficult situations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or
- Master's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Compensation: $85,000 - $120,000
As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering
and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits programs for
our employees in order to attract and retain a talented, highly
engaged workforce. Our compensation programs are focused on
equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an
annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee
Stock Purchase Plan. In addition to our competitive compensation
practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the
countries in which we operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich
benefits package that includes 4 different health care plan
options, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, health
savings and flexible spending accounts, paid-time off, 8-weeks of
paid parental leave for both moms and dads, company matched 401(k),
flexible work schedules, expanded mental health coverage and
employee assistance programs.
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce
including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Collins
Nearest Secondary Market: Loveland
Keywords: Advance Energy, Fort Collins , Sr. Electrical Design Engineer, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!