In conjunction with the DON, plans, coordinates and manages the
clinical services for a specified nursing unit. Responsible for the
coordination of nursing care and services provided to Residents in
the various units. Collaborates with other members of the
interdisciplinary team in the planning and oversight of resident
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses and evaluates the systems which facilitate the
delivery of quality resident care.
- Collaborates with the Social Worker on the resolution of issues
and concerns associated with resident / patient care including
- Implements and evaluates all nursing procedures and systems
relative to unit programming.
- Makes nursing diagnoses that serve as the basis for the
delivery of care.
- Performs nursing assessments regarding the health status of the
resident / patient.
- Develops a plan of care and implements nursing care based on
- Provides health education to patients and their families.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Adheres to scope of practice limitations based on
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with
center policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- May perform general nursing duties when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Valid RN State license.
- One to three years (1-3) years of supervisory experience
- One to three years (1-3 Years) of Long-term Care experience
Supervises nursing staff and others for whom they are
administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis.
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or
fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee
is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.