Microprocessor VLSI Physical Design Engineer - 88163
Company: Advanced Micro Devices
Location: fort collins
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe
in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in
high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization
technologies building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and
the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes
amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will
go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people
who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push
boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have
this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the
opportunities available to come join our team.
Microprocessor VLSI Physical Design Engineer
AMDs Cores Organization delivers industry leading CPUs and
caches that are the foundation of AMDs server, client, and gaming
business. We are looking for a new college graduate to join this
innovative team. The candidate will be a key contributor for AMDs
next generation cores and caches. The candidate will join the team
based in Fort Collins, CO.
The candidate should have strong analytical thinking and
problem-solving skills with excellent attention to details. We work
on programs with long timelines, so self-motivation and a
commitment to meeting deadlines is required. We are pushing the
envelope on chip performance, so the status quo must be challenged
on every program. This requires creativity and innovation, but also
excellent verbal and written communication skills. We work in small
teams, but we are part of a large cross-site Cores organization, so
teamwork is also vital our success.
- High speed VLSI design in deep submicron FinFET processes.
- Work closely with chip architects and designers across multiple
sites to optimize power, performance, area, and schedule.
- Solve design and tool problems requiring ground-breaking
approaches and champion innovation across the organization.
- Create technical presentations for peers and management.
- Knowledge of basic electrical engineering principles
- Knowledge of VSLI design concepts & tradeoffs.
- Familiar with programming languages such as Perl, C, tcl,
- Basic understanding of computer architecture
- Knowledge of high-speed flops, synchronizers, level shifters,
- BS/MS in EE, CS, CSE (or similar)
Keywords: Advanced Micro Devices, Fort Collins , Microprocessor VLSI Physical Design Engineer - 88163, Other , fort collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!