House Director - University of Wyoming
Company: Tri delta
Posted on: May 3, 2021
House directors help turn houses into Tri Delta homes. Across
America, Tri Delta Housing provides house directors for all Tri
Delta homes. The house director serves as the on-site property
manager, manages dining operations and maintains positive working
relationships with Tri Delta Housing, local house corporation,
chapter members, alumnae, school officials and vendors. She takes
pride in the facility as if it were her own home and inspires
others to do the same. She sets a tone of warmth and welcome for
residents and visitors. She frequently lends an ear to listen, a
hand to help and a heart to serve.
Tri Deltas employees are called to kindness, appreciate each
others unique abilities, and value diverse perspectives. We welcome
candidates with a wide range of experiences, identities and
viewpoints. At Tri Delta, we dont just accept differences we
celebrate and support the diverse backgrounds and skills of our
employees and believe that they make us stronger. We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to a workplace
free of discrimination and harassment.
The position at the University of Wyoming includes a furnished
house director suite, designated parking spot, and a meal plan.
Summary: The House Director plays a vital role
in the living, learning and leading environment of the collegiate
member of Tri Delta. She works with the House Corporation to
provide a safe, secure and comfortable environment for both
resident and non-resident members of the chapter. Job
responsibilities are site specific and may range from monitoring
the vendors associated with the chapter facility, assisting chapter
officers with chapter operations as needed, open and close the
facility at the start and end of academic breaks, providing
emergency support, serving as the hostess of the chapter facility,
and offering moral and logistical support for chapter priorities,
programs, and initiatives.
Reports To: Tri Delta Housing Supervisor
- Promote a healthy and safe living environment by promoting and
supporting all policies and procedures, as set forth by Tri Delta,
chapter housing policies, university, and federal, state and local
- Reside in the chapter facility full time and as needed during
academic calendar breaks.
- Manage the daily operations of the chapter facility by
maintaining a safe, clean and pleasant living environment for
resident and non-resident members.
- Schedule chapter contractors and promote positive vendor
relationsincluding food operations, housekeeping service, general
maintenance, and any other regular service.
- Provide emergency support for chapter members, guests, and
- Collaborate with chapter officersspecifically the House Manager
Collegiate Officer as well as the chapters advisory team to support
the overall goals of the house corporation and the specific
- Work with the house corporation to manage housing-related
budget itemsincluding contractor bids, household supplies, food
service, cleaning, and general maintenance and repair costs
- Coordinate opening and closing events
- Follow all Tri Delta Fraternity and chapter policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
- Successfully manage the daily operations of the facility by
performing administrative work directly related to the general
business operations of the facility and establishing and
maintaining a rapport with the chapter. Confidential Page 2
- Report violations of chapter facility rules and policies to the
chapter standards committee, house manager and/or advisor. The
house director is not expected to nor permitted to discipline
- Open and close the chapter facility in collaboration with the
House Manager Collegiate Officer before and after each vacation
period at the hours and dates specified by the house corporation
and resident contracts.
- Establish an orderly environment through proper supervision of
the staff, structure, and grounds.
- Ensure that the chapter facility is clean, orderly and free
from unnecessary hazards and dangers.
- Offer logistical support for chapter priorities, programs, and
initiatives. Collaborates with the House Manager Collegiate Officer
to establish and carry out safety and security procedures.
- Collaborates with the House Manager Collegiate Officer to
comply with local, state and federal ordinances and required safety
and security processes and procedures.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships for the procurement
of all goods and services necessary for the efficient operation of
- Work with the house corporation to respond in a timely manner
to all maintenance requests submitted by chapter members.
- Report to the house corporation any action necessary to
properly maintain the chapter facility, its furnishings and
equipment, and grounds; Advise when items or supplies need to be
replaced and/or repaired and recommend capital improvements as
needed throughout the year and when requested by the house
- Oversee the cleaning of the facility and all furnishings as
needed during vacation periods and prior to the opening of the
house. This includes the proper storage of facility supplies and
- Reconcile and report all expenditures as outlined by the
chapter and/or house corporation.
- Follow expense approval and expense reporting processes and
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise chapter facility
employees including kitchen staff and housekeeping staff. Report
wages and hours for same.
- Submit all work hours worked during each pay period in
accordance with procedures in the online payroll system.
- Oversee the operation of dining services, including menu
preparation, purchasing, and special events.
- In collaboration with the chapter and house corporation,
establish kitchen and dining operations policies and procedures,
and clearly communicate to all facility employees.
- Perform general duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Possesses project management, housing staff relations, customer
service, and safety standards skills
- Possesses skills to operate a computer including web browsing,
email, and Office products.
- Ability to speak and read English
- Meet specified physical requirements of lifting no more than 35
lbs, standing, walking and climbing stairs daily.
- Ability to model, teach, and promote Tri Deltas employee
- Ability to use proper discretion and independent judgment in
carrying out the primary roles and responsibilities of the
Keywords: Tri delta, Fort Collins , House Director - University of Wyoming, Other , laramie, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!