Engineering Advanced Process Development /
At Mojo, were inventing the future of computing Invisible
Computing which imagines a world where information is there when
you need it, technology fades away, and you can freely connect with
others in a more meaningful and confident way. Our team includes
talented professionals with expertise in product design, user
experience, applied physics, hardware, software, optics, photonics,
electronics, chemistry, biology and vision science. Together, were
building Mojo Lens, a smart contact lens with a built-in display
that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus.
Mojo Lens elevates your vision by providing the information you
need exactly when it's needed - all while letting you look like
We are a well-funded startup founded by technology experts with
decades of experience developing pioneering products and platforms
and backed by some of the worlds leading technology investors. We
are located in Saratoga, CA.
Mojo Vision is responsible for medical device manufacturing. The
materials group is responsible for designing, developing, and
characterizing an innovative material.
The group is currently seeking a highly motivated Chemical
Engineer to join their team in Saratoga and Campbell, California.
This role is responsible for developing engineering and technical
solutions to maximize the quality and productivity of manufacturing
processes. Chemical Engineers work with R&D, Supply Chain, and
Quality to understand process impacts and optimize product
performance. This position initiates and evaluates process
improvement projects; as well as to provide operational and
technical support to the chemistry and application labs. 2+ years
of combined experience in formulation designing and
characterization. Excellent communication, teamwork, and
cross-functional engagement skills are critical. Experience with
thermal-, photo- and dual curing as well as polymerization of
materials, organization of laboratory supplies and maintenance of
Additionally, the candidate will collaborate and facilitate
cross-functional communication across engineering, operations,
design teams, and our materials supply vendors to meet ambitious
quality, schedule and cost goals. The candidate should possess
strong presentation skills.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes to identify
improvement opportunities (cost-savings, quality issues, etc.)
including data analysis on findings.
- Collaborate with other departments and operators to formulate a
plan to resolve identified issues including process changes,
equipment modification, and new equipment
- Calculate costing or overall impact to the business
- Present recommendations to management and Operations group
- Implement agreed-upon recommendations including oversight of
any equipment purchase/installation
- Perform presentations to Management and other teams as
- Thermal-, photo- and dual curing of materials
- General laboratory support including organization and stocking
of lab supplies, routine lab and equipment maintenance.
- Support scientific staff in routine laboratory activities
- The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate
clearly on daily work and consistently perform specific
- The candidate must be able to work closely with a team and
communicate effectively to meet schedules and deadlines.
- The candidate will contact vendors for placing and tracking
- Demonstrate consistent, effective work-load and project
- Show initiative to pursue and recommend new approaches or
methods for process improvements.
- Establish good working relationships with all coworkers.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent is required
- 2+ years of chemical/manufacturing plant experience
- Strong scientific background to ensure effective
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and
prioritize needs to meet project goals
- Strong computer, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
- Previous experience with polymerization processes and material
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to read thoroughly and understand weekly
- Receptive and eager to learn new skills
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to
perform basic mathematical calculations
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate
clearly on daily work and consistently perform specific protocols.
The candidate must be able to work closely with a team and
communicate effectively to meet schedules and deadlines. The
candidate will contact vendors for placing and tracking orders.
If solving challenging problems and shaping the future
interests you, come join us at our offices in Saratoga, CA just
outside of San Jose. Along with competitive compensation employee
perks include flexible time off, access to full health benefits and
a stocked fridge and pantry in the office. Even if you dont see
your dream job on our openings page, you can still apply for it
with the Create your own position option.