Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Tech II
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Within Protein and Cell Analysis, we are passionate about
shaping and accelerating science via transformative products and
services. We are boundaryless, collaborating at all levels and with
our Customers to win together. We are accountable to delivering on
our commitments, celebrating our successes and recognizing
excellence. We are a learning organization, committed to career
development through active management and promoting diverse talent
across the business.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located at our Fort Collins, CO which is home
to our Cell Sorting Instrumentation center of excellence. We have
an enthusiastic and high achieving team which is committed to
providing scientists with cutting edge and high-quality
instrumentation. We pride ourselves on delivering amazing results
and value our unique culture.
How will you make an impact?
In this role you will be building and testing components and
sub-assemblies for flow cytometry instrumentation. Producing high
quality assemblies is critical for system function and customer
What will you do?
- Follow written work instructions to build and test
electro-mechanical, fluidic, and optical assemblies.
- Produce high-quality work with great attention to detail.
- Daily maintenance to keep work areas and tools clean and
- Work with manufacturing and engineering to improve procedures
or designs to reduce assembly and test time.
- Electrical assembly including wire crimping and soldering.
- Be part of a hands-on, creative, self-willed, self-motivated,
flexible, and dynamic team.
- Follow safety protocols.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of manufacturing assembly experience a plus
- Interest and experience doing precision build work or
- Experience with following written instructions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools, test equipment and
computers is a must.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and ability to recognize/correct
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job.
- Hazards - Exposed to potential hazards including pinch points,
and general safety issues associated with manufacturing.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected