Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is currently
seeking a Temporary Rural Traffic Striping Technician in Laramie,
Wyoming. This position will assist the traffic department in
striping operations for the district.
Find "History & Adventure" in Laramie - a city that offers
access to Snowy Range Ski Area & Scenic Byway, Vedauwoo, fishing,
mountain biking, the Wyoming Territorial Prison, and Lincoln and
Ames Monuments. The beautiful Curt Gowdy State Park is a quick 25
miles to the east and offers camping, boating, and fishing. Laramie
is home to the University of Wyoming and "Cowboy Joe." Wyoming is
one of seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-745-2111
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only
and are not intended to describe every function which may be
performed at the job level.
- Assist traffic crews with general maintenance operations.
- Follow striping crew with nurse truck to supply paint and
- Travel throughoutSoutheast Wyoming with traffic crews.
- Subject to a 24-hour call-out in the event of an
This is an entry-level position that requires no prior training
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of and use of power tools and tape measures.
- Knowledge of Federal and State requirements for proper use of
personal protective equipment.
None - See "Preferences"
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel extensively within the district
- This position requires working outside in a variety of weather
- Out of town, overnight stays are possible and expected.
- Subject to a 24-hour call-out in the event of an emergency
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Individuals in this classification will be subject to random
drug and alcohol testing.
- This is a temporary, full-time position not to exceed six
- Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free
- E-Verify:WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to
confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the
United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT - Chief Engineer -
To learn more about the Wyoming Department of Transportation,
please visit us atwww.dot.state.wy.us/home.html
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified
applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the
A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent