Company: California Baptist University
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title Bus Driver Posting Number S006P Classification
Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe
transportation of passengers to and from various destinations.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of
records, such as time at each stop, purpose of trip, number of
passengers per day, mileage, and vehicle maintenance. (This is an
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Drives CBU bus/s for the purpose of transporting passengers over
scheduled routes to and from CBU in a safe and timely manner.
Maintain a variety of records: driving time, purpose of trip,
mileage and vehicle maintenance.
Knowledge and comply with traffic and highway safety rules and
Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required.
Ensure the bus is safely and securely stored.
Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential
emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies,
accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a
resolution to the situation.
Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of
providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal
transport and emergency situations.
Fuels assigned vehicle (e.g. oil, water, fuel, etc.) for the
purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels,
tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of
ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying
with mandated guidelines.
Maintains and keeps log book accurate and complete for CHP
Reports defects or maintenance problems with vehicle to
Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes or
Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU
- A valid California Class "B" is required and clean DMV
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Ability and skill to operate a small bus.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Driver must possess a valid class B driver's license with a
passenger endorsement and medical card (physical).
- Ability to pass a random, reasonable suspicion, and
post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties
of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to enter information into existing recordkeeping
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Open Date 12/06/2013 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/162
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you attend church regularly?
- Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
Keywords: California Baptist University, Fort Collins , Bus Driver, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!