Four day work weeks! Work outside!
Larimer County Road and Bridge is looking for hardworking,
motivated individuals to join our team. The Road and Bridge
Department is responsible for operating and maintaining the
transportation system in Larimer County; the Seasonal Road
Maintenance positions serve a vital role in our ability to
successfully meet this responsibility.
Larimer County values it's seasonal employees and strives to
create an environment where you gain the knowledge and experience
to be successful. Consider joining our team and see your hard work
pay off in the success of the Road and Bridge department as we work
together to maintain nearly 1000 miles of roadway and the drainage
structures of Larimer County.
Specifically, this position:
- Performs various tasks; under various levels of supervision, in
various locations throughout Larimer County. Examples of duties
include operating rubber tire and steel drum rollers, power brooms,
farm tractors with mower attachments, and similar types of
equipment used in roadway construction and maintenance.
- Will require the use of hand tools including, but not limited
to; shovel, pick, asphalt rake, chainsaw, weed eater, blower, hand
broom, crack seal squeegee.
- Operates heavy construction equipment as assigned.
- Physical labor for extended periods of time outdoors in all
weather conditions, day or night, including activities and physical
demands requiring strength to lift, carry, push, pull, and
otherwise move objects of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
To view the full job description, click here.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have road maintenance/construction experience.
- Be punctual, dependable, and adaptable.
- Be familiar with street/highway maintenance, repair and
construction and safe work zone
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Be efficient.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations,
policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Operate Larimer County approved computer programs, as
All candidates will be screened for the following required
minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the
qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the
- Related experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply required.
- Employees must provide their own steel-toe safety shoes
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee
Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match.
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holidays.
To view information on Larimer County's Benefits, visit https://www.larimer.org/hr/benefits.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, reliable, punctual,
able to qualify for a CDOT Flagging Certificate and must have a
valid Driver's License. A road driving test will be given.
Employees must provide their own steel-toe safety shoes.
This position may be eligible for medical insurance.
To apply for this position you must complete the application.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As
marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing
positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other
substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent
offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the
drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on
the closing date listed.
Larimer County provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or
expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital
status, disability status, genetics, age, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.