Company: Colorado State University
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Working Title Director Position Location Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position No Posting Number 202100410AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Classification Title Management II Number of Vacancies Work
Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range $60,000-$65,000 Employee
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing
employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that
supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human
Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for
permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative
professional employees in the following University benefit areas.
Desired Start Date 07/01/2021 Position End Date (if temporary)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
11:59pm (MT) on 05/31/2021 Description of Work Unit
As the laboratory school within the Department of Human
Development and Family Studies, the CSU Early Childhood Center
(ECC) serves a three-fold mission of teaching, research, and
- Our teaching mission is to provide hands-on learning
opportunities for CSU students interested in careers working with
children and families.
- Our research mission is to promote diverse opportunities for
research related to children, families, and early childhood
- Our service mission is to provide a high-quality,
developmentally appropriate environment for young children in the
context of our Reggio Emilia-inspired approach.
The role of the ECC Director is to oversee the daily operations
of the Early Childhood Center, ensuring the appropriate
implementation of the mission, policies, and procedures of the ECC.
The Director is responsible for the adherence to and implementation
of all State of Colorado licensing requirements and NAEYC
accreditation standards in the context of a Reggio Emilia inspired
approach. This position reports directly to the ECC Executive
Required Job Qualifications
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Development
and Family Studies, Psychology, or a related field.
- Director Qualified
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated understanding of Colorado licensing requirements
and rules regulating child care centers.
- Demonstrated understanding of NAEYC accreditation
- Teaching experience in early childhood settings.
- Experience working in a lab school setting.
- Understanding of the Reggio Emilia philosophy.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively mentor and supervise
- Training and experience with multi-cultural populations.
- Relevant administrative and budgetary experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with ProCare, Child Care CRM, Constant Contact, and
- Organizational skills including a demonstrated ability to do
detailed work, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing and resolving conflict.
- Demonstration of self-initiative.
Personal and professional commitment to diversity and inclusion
as demonstrated by involvement in teaching, research, creative
activity, service to the profession and/or diversity/inclusion
Keywords: Colorado State University, Fort Collins , Director, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!