Four day work weeks! Work outside!
Larimer County Road and Bridge is looking for hardworking,
motivated individuals to join our team. The Road and Bridge
Department is responsible for operating and maintaining the
transportation system in Larimer County; the Seasonal Driver
positions serve a vital role in our ability to successfully meet
Larimer County values it's seasonal employees and strives to
create an environment where you gain the knowledge and experience
to be successful. Consider joining our team and see your hard work
pay off in the success of the Road and Bridge department as we work
together to maintain nearly 1000 miles of roadway and the drainage
structures of Larimer County.
Specifically, this position will:
- Help to operate our fleet of +40 CDL/CMV vehicles and will be
involved with the following operations; gravel road maintenance,
chip seal, drainage maintenance, and many other road
maintenance/road construction activities.
- Operate a tandem axle water truck supporting gravel road
maintenance operations, operate a tandem axle dump truck hauling
construction materials from and to project sites, operate a Class A
tractor/trailer tanker delivering asphalt emulsion to chip seal
- Operate heavy construction equipment as assigned.
- Perform physical labor for extended periods of time outdoors in
all weather conditions, day or night, including activities and
physical demands requiring strength to lift, carry, push, pull, and
otherwise move objects of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
To view the full job description, click here.
The ideal candidate will:
- Complete Entry-Level Driver Training per Federal Motor Carrier
- Have experience with road maintenance/construction.
- Be familiar with street/highway maintenance, repair and
construction and safe work zone practices.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Be punctual, dependable, and adaptable.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Work efficiently.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations,
policies and standard operating procedures.
- Utilize Larimer County approved computer programs, as
All candidates will be screened for the following required
minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the
qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the
- Related experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply required.
- Employees must provide their own steel-toe safety shoes
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee
Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match.
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holidays.
To view information on Larimer County's Benefits, visit https://www.larimer.org/hr/benefits.
Applicants must be able to qualify for a CDOT Flagging
Certificate and must have a valid Class "A" or Class "B" Commercial
Driver's License. An N-Tanker endorsement is preferred. A road
driving test will be given.
This job is a DOT-regulated position. If selected for this job
title and offered a position within the Road and Bridge Department,
the candidate will be required to comply with all Federal Motor
Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) regulations and the
Colorado Rules and Regulations Concerning the Minimum Standards for
the Operation of Commercial Vehicles. As part of the FMCSA
compliance, candidates offered a position at Road and Bridge must
be registered in the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse. Candidates
that currently hold a Commercial Driver's License (CDL ) or
Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) at the time of the job offer may
register in the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse at any time in this
hiring process, if not already registered. To find out more
information about the Clearinghouse and how to register, click
Employees must provide their own steel-she safety shoes.
This position may be eligible for medical insurance.
To apply for this position you must complete the application.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As
marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing
positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other
substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent
offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the
drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on
the closing date listed.
Larimer County provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or
expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital
status, disability status, genetics, age, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.