Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
I love that we put the patient and family first in
hospice. A life can come into a dark place and we can help them
realize that its not as dark they think.
-Shannon, Social Worker
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical
excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their
families facing the end of life. For our team members, this is more
than a career its a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join
our team today as a Hospice Social Worker to positively impact the
experiences of our patients and families.
As a Social Worker, you will provide preventive, educational,
and evaluative and treatment services to meet the psycho-social
needs of patients and their families, to help them improve,
restore, and maintain their maximum level of coping. You will
utilize community resources and the members of the
interdisciplinary team to aid in this process.
- Provide direct social work services and counseling, facilitate
placements and monitor patients adjustment
- Complete assessments of each patient, review and explain
hospice services, and address financial concerns for the
- Develop and utilize community resources
- Maintain working relationships with community agencies
- Provide education and in-services to contract agencies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities in
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- A valid drivers license and auto liability insurance
Education, Experience, and Certifications
(A) Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of
social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
(B) Has a Bachelors Degree in social work from an institution
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a
baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field
related to social work; and has 1 year of social work
experience in a healthcare setting and is supervised by an
(C) Has a Bachelors Degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by
Compassus before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be
supervised by an MSW
- Alabama Minimum requirement of BSW and licensure
in the state of Alabama.
- California Minimum requirement of MSW and
clinical experience relevant to the psychosocial needs of patients
and families; an individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social
worker in California.
- Colorado Minimum requirement of BSW from a school
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, Masters degree
- Connecticut - Minimum requirement of MSW from a
school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; an
individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in
- Georgia - Minimum of bachelors degree in
social work; BSW must be supervised by MSW who is licensed in the
state of GA. MSW must obtain licensure in the state of GA within
one (1) year. Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 43-10A and HFRD
- Louisiana MSW from an accredited school of social
work AND current, valid licensure as a SW in the state (LMSW), AND
has 1 year of experience in health care with documented clinical
experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the
- Massachusetts - Social Worker means an individual
who is currently licensed to practice social work under the
licensure categories of Licensed Independent Practitioner of
Clinical Social Work, or Licensed Certified Social Worker or
Licensed Social Worker.
- Mississippi - Masters Degree from a school of
social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and
at least one year of documented clinical experience appropriate to
the counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill.
- Missouri A social worker must have at least a
bachelors degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social
- New Hampshire Masters degree from a graduate
school of social work OR a bachelors degree in a related health or
human services field, with at least 2 years experience as a social
worker and the individual has established a consultative
relationship with a masters prepared social worker.
- New Jersey - "Social worker" means a person
1.The State Board of Social Work Examiners licenses as a
Licensed Social Worker or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:44G; and
i.Nine hundred hours of social work experience in a
health care setting as part of the master's degree curriculum of a
social work internship; or
ii.One year of social work experience in a health care
setting after licensure as a social worker.
- New Mexico Licensure is required, BSW is minimum
education required but must be supervised by MSW, MSW is preferred
education for hospice social worker.
- Ohio Licensure required.
- Oklahoma Licensure required in order to be titled
- South Carolina Licensure required.
- Texas - active licensure in the state of Texas as
a master social worker (MSW) and one year of social work experience
in a health care setting; or active licensure in the state of Texas
as a baccalaureate social worker, one year of social work
experience in a health care setting, and if employed by Compassus
after December 2, 2008, must be supervised by a
- Wisconsin minimum of BSW from a school accredited
by the Council on Social Work Education and certification by the
state of Wisconsin.
- West Virginia minimum of BSW and licensure
according to education level (LSW = BSW + license, LMSW = MSW +
license, LCSW = MSW + practice hours + license).
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude
people or treat them differently because of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.