Company: Valdez International Corporation
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our staff includes many of the region's most talented
and experienced construction professionals. Saunders Heath provides
excellent benefits, highly competitive compensation and an
opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the northern
Colorado community. As much as we believe in our history,
reputation and continued success, we believe in our employees. They
add value and help elevate the company to a higher level. Their
skills and ideas only make this company better. Now take the next
step to join Saunders Heath, and see where it takes you. Saunders
Heath aspires to be an organization made up of people who are
passionate about growing and developing both as individuals and as
an organization. We are not about acquiring and keeping employees
who perform jobs, but rather about fostering exciting, fulfilling
and rewarding lifetime careers. Position Title Preconstruction
Manager Classification FLSA Exempt Salary Range $95K - $115K
Reports to Director of Preconstruction Position Type Full-Time
Purpose of the Role Prepare complete estimates for assigned
project(s) of $5.0m+ size and complexity either directly or through
subordinate personnel. Functions / Duties
- Follow all company procedures.
- Competently perform all duties and responsibilities of a Senior
- Coordinate, supervise and review work of assigned department
personnel to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical support and/or prepare estimates as
- Assist in making the "sale" of projects including RFP and RFQ
- Lead preconstruction/design project efforts with owner and/or
design team to help ensure project success.
- May assist the Director of Preconstruction in coordination of
overall corporate estimating functions, including staff
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and
methods, recommendations, and relative cost estimates as
- Assign work to other department team members, direct and review
their assignments and be responsible for accuracy and completeness
of estimates prepared by subordinates.
- Act as a Senior Estimator on complex packages or as workload
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation
meetings as requested.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice. Knowledge / Skills /
Abilities / Qualifications / Experience Educational and experience
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical
training and/or related experience. Advanced management or
technical degree/training preferred.
- Must possess 7-10 years of extensive construction estimating
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating
techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus
ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort
- Good communicative, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Coordination of estimating and other project management
- Profit/loss responsibilities. Physical Demands The following
are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the
time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders,
office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance
while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate
ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in
order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling
interpersonal communication as well as communication through
automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling
the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to
project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to
operating automated office equipment. Constantly - Activity exists
more than 2/3 of the time Frequently - Activity exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of the time Occasionally - Activity exists less than 1/3 of the
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability Please Note: We communicate
via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you
receive our communication. This posting is intended for individual
applicants. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Fort Collins , Preconstruction Manager, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!