Loss Mitigation Underwriting Escalations Specialist - WFH Nationwide
Company: Flagstar Bank
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Loss Mitigation Underwriting Escalations Specialist - WFH
Work From Home United States
The Loss Mitigation Underwriter Escalation Specialist is an
advanced subject matter expert and is responsible for determining
borrower eligibility for loss mitigation options by performing a
complete review of loss mitigation applications and financial
documents received from the borrower to ensure accuracy and
compliance with regulatory requirements and investor/insurer
guidelines. The escalation specialist is a leader on the team and
can act as the backup to the underwriting supervisor.
All functions must be completed within the production and
quality standards. Role requires utilization and understanding of
multiple servicing systems, applications and reporting. Role
requires accuracy and attention to detail, strong organization
skills, independent problem solving ability and excellent
Process Loss Mitigation Applications through Underwriting Stage.
Role requires the ability to perform multiple functions throughout
the Loss Mitigation Underwriting process under limited supervision,
- Responsible for resolving complex/complicated exceptions to the
standard loss mitigation process
- Provide consistent communication to the team regarding daily
work goals, expectations, and any policy and/or process
- Oversee daily team operations; provide guidance and direction
in daily work flow and volume.
- Effectively train employees to adhere to the requirements
established by default servicing operations
- Identify potential risks and mitigating factors that could
impact a borrowers ability to repay the loan.
- Review and analyze loss mitigation applications including
income and asset statements, credit bureau reports, and other
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements, investor/insurer
guidelines and other relevant timeframes required to determine
borrower eligibility for a loss mitigation workout.
- Responsible to review and analyze loss mitigation applications
including income and asset statements, credit bureau reports, and
other relevant documentation and also generate timely
correspondence to the borrower of their loss mitigation review
- Monitors loans in process to determine any deviation from
standard processing time and to take appropriate actions for
alternatives to ensure timely resolution
- Understand key performance and risk indicators in the Loss
Mitigation Process, and how individual role contributes to meeting
or exceeding these goals;
- Maintain and practice sound judgment in all aspects of
- Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other
internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in
class default servicing oversight operation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by
Reliable Home High Speed Internet required
Required, 8+ years default mortgage financial services
experience, required in Loss Mitigation
Required, advanced subject matter expertise in Loss
Preferred, 5+ Years Understanding of Mortgage Servicing and
Mortgage Servicing Regulation (TCPA, FDCPA, FCRA) and Regulators
(OCC, FRB, CFPB, GSE, HUD)
HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
NMLS license preferred
Self-Driven, Personally Accountable Personality
Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and
computer skills. Specifically an ability with Microsoft Excel
Ability to navigate quickly within various computer
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as
strong listening skills
Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an
ability to think quickly under pressure.
Ability to handle high production volume and answer customer
questions in a timely manner.
Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Ability to work varying shifts including evenings and
Willingness to work in a team environment
- Confident and efficient work approach with a customer
Internal Use Only: H-Band Hrly
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Fort Collins , Loss Mitigation Underwriting Escalations Specialist - WFH Nationwide, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!