SHR - Intern TEMP
Company: Larimer County
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Salary $0.00 Hourly Location FC 2501 Midpoint, CO Job Type
Internship/Volunteer Department Sheriff's Office Job Number
202100181 Overview All Internships at the Larimer County Sheriff's
Office are unpaid.
The Larimer County Sheriff's Office is seeking talented
undergraduate men and women to join our team as Volunteer Interns.
Sheriff Justin Smith encourages forward-thinking, servant
leadership, and a sense of family among all Sheriff's Office
members. Headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, the Sheriff's
Office is an agency of over 400 family-oriented employees, dealing
with a range of responsibilities including support services,
patrol, jail, wildland fire, search and rescue, and investigation
duties. If you have a desire to serve your community and want to
work alongside others with the same mindset, the Larimer County
Sheriff's Office is a great place to start. Volunteer Interns often
complete their internships at the Larimer County Jail, but
occasionally opportunities exist in other areas such as the Patrol
and Investigations divisions of the Sheriff's Office.
Responsibilities Responsibilities will vary depending on what the
internship assignment is. Qualifications All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be an enrolled college student engaged in undergraduate
coursework in criminal justice, human services, psychology,
sociology, law enforcement, public administration, or a related
- Complete a Larimer County employment application
- Pass an integrity questionnaire
- Be fingerprinted, with prints cleared by CBI and FBI
- Pass a background checkInvestigations Division Interns must
- Complete a Personal History Statement document.
- Pass a Background Investigation*.
- May be asked to complete a polygraph (dependent on the
internship assignment)*Other Intern applicants may also be required
to complete and pass a background investigation, depending on
location and level of autonomy. Successful applicants will be
required to meet all of the following requirements prior to hire:
- Cannot have a felony conviction
- No convictions involving domestic violence
- No use of illegal drugs within the past five years
- No use of marijuana in any form within the past two years
CategoryNot ClassifiedEducationBachelor's DegreeJob typeFull
Keywords: Larimer County, Fort Collins , SHR - Intern TEMP, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!