Parking Attendant - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
SeasonalWho We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by
our convenient location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away
in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to
765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless
adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience.
Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort
or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and
an awesome experience waiting for you!Who We Are Looking For:
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure
seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences,
marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep
you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your
first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a
long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in?Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free
season pass waiting for you! You don't just get a job at Winter
Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our
team, you'll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are
available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY:The Seasonal Parking Attendant will
follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws
(federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
The base services department is currently accepting applications
for part time seasonal parking attendants (weekends - minimum 2
days a week up to 5 hour shifts) to begin around mid-December.
Ability to work additional hours during holiday periods preferred.
Parking attendants perform all tasks necessary to provide parking,
traffic, and shuttle services at Winter Park Resort - directing
vehicles into parking lot spaces; maintaining traffic flow at
intersections, roads, and transportation circle; monitor and assist
vehicles and pedestrians, assisting guests and employees in a
friendly and helpful manner. Familiarity with Winter Park Resort,
town and valley is desirable. Experience working with the public in
high volume situations desirable. Must be in good physical
condition able to withstand sub-zero temperatures for extended
periods. Applicant must demonstrate an ability to work
- Direct vehicles into parking lot spaces. Maintain traffic flow
at intersections, roads, and transportation circle.
- Monitor and assist vehicles and pedestrians in skier drop off
- Perform traffic hut duties including opening and closing
procedures; control of vehicles into reserved parking, pay lot,
disabled parking, skier drop off; pickup; and transportation
circle; and collecting and securing pay lot fees.
- Perform sign and cone set up/take down procedures including
cleaning and repairs.
- Assist guests in loading and unloading town and outlying
shuttle buses. Assist guests to proper walkways, facilities, and
exits. Monitor orderly flow of pedestrians through traffic.
- Public and employee safety
- Be alert for potential hazards involving vehicles, pedestrians,
and equipment. Take responsible action to prevent accidents.
- Report and/or correct any unsafe conditions.
- Follow, consistently, safety procedures and utilize appropriate
- Assist with vehicle, public, and employee accidents as
required. Follow accident reporting procedures.Other Duties
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in
a friendly, professional manner. Effectively handle first-line
conflicts and problems.
- Operate resort vehicles (if approved driver).
- Assist grounds crew with general duties, snow removal, and
sanding duties around assigned work area.
- Pick up litter and remove trash in parking lots, skier drop
off, and transportation circle.
- Control special event and VIP parking areas during special
- Assist local police or sheriff's office, security, and/or ski
patrol with emergency evacuation and accident response.
- Perform other duties as assigned.This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Colorado driver's license; clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and public relations
- Physical requirements: Withstand extreme cold for periods of up
to four hours.
- Ability to operate 4x4 trucks, shovel/scrape ice
- High School Diploma or GED (general education diploma)
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services;
town and valley desirable.
- Some experience working with public preferred.WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits.hourly pay: $18 - $20PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
& WORKING CONDITIONS:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:This position description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described
above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the
responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates
associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change,
this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept
new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also
be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a
positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its
associated lines of business.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter
Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to
the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term,
condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex,
color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park
Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will"
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Fort Collins , Parking Attendant - Winter Season, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!