Lead Research Scientist
Company: GT Molecular
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: November 26, 2022
GT Molecular is a growing biotechnology company located in
beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado and dedicated to creating the
latest in ultrasensitive molecular assays that help in the fight
against cancer, COVID-19 and other harmful pathogens. Can you think
on your feet and bring new ideas to the table? Do you have strong
critical thinking skills? Then read on!
The successful candidate will report to the Director of R&D and
play a key role in shaping and refining the company's growth and IP
portfolio. The position requires a background in molecular assay
development, quantitative genotyping, digital PCR and/or NGS. The
ideal candidate should also have a good publication history and a
solid understanding of experimental design, presentation skills and
a broad understanding of different assay technologies used in
genomics and diagnostics.
*Requirements and Responsibilities: *
* PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cancer
Genomics, or a related field with 2-5 years of post-doc / industry
experience or MS with 5 or more years of experience.
* Develop new clinical molecular biology assays for rapid pathogen
identification and comprehensive infectious disease
* Mentor and lead 2-3 research associates.
* Provide expert guidance to define and build novel molecular
biology assays from proof-of-concept through validation.
* Prepare materials and present scientific webinars to groups of
customers and GT Molecular's biotech partners.
* Perform experimental design and execution of wet lab experiments
for PCR, dPCR and NGS workflows, including nucleic acid extraction,
library preparation, target enrichment, sequencing, integrating
workflows with lab automation, and assay troubleshooting.
* The necessary 'soft' skills to collaborate with a diverse and
highly-skilled cross-functional group of biotech partners,
customers, scientists, and bioinformaticians to drive
decision-making and data-driven product development.
* Demonstrated proficiency developing robust assays in a R&D
* Experience in transferring R&D assays and products to
manufacturing is a plus
* Experience with developing clinical products in a CLIA/CAP
environment is a plus
* Demonstrated excellent leadership, communication, and
* Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible manufacturing
* 2+ years of post-degree experience, preferably in industry or a
cutting edge and research-oriented academic institution; or
Master's degree with the necessary experience to demonstrate
_Individuals seeking employment at GT Molecular are considered
without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation._
_Competitive salary, benefits and other incentives._
Wage Notice: $90,000 - $130,000 - The base salary offered may vary
depending on the candidate's job-related knowledge, skills, and
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $80,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Relocation assistance
* Vision insurance
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Collins, CO 80524: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Have you been first author on at least two publications?
* PCR or NGS assay development: 3 years (Preferred)
* NGS library preparation - WGS, targeted DNA sequencing, etc.: 3
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fort Collins, CO
Keywords: GT Molecular, Fort Collins , Lead Research Scientist, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!