SIMON - Milling Operator-Fort Collins, CO
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Simon, the Colas USA subsidiary that operates throughout Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming, specializes in aggregates, asphalt, and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Through strong local ties backed by global resources, we focus on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients. What we do is bigger than construction - it is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well. To learn more about Simon visit .
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit .
Simon, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit .SummaryOperates a variety of milling equipment and trucks utilized in road construction and performs a variety of tasks involved in the maintenance of roads, streets, parking lots, and storm drainage trenches.Ideal candidates should enjoy working outdoors (all weather conditions) in a challenging and regularly changing environment and also operating many different types of equipment. Out of town travel is required and per diem will be paid.Main Responsibilities:* Embrace the Company's safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
* Support, promote, and practice the Company core values, vision, and mission; follow code of ethics, workplace conduct, safety, and other established policies
* Support the Simon safety culture and other Company strategic initiatives
* Observe safety procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly
* Operate a milling machine
* Operate a skid steer with a milling head/broom
* Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials
* May operate jack-hammers or other miscellaneous hand tools
* May operate loaders, water trucks, and/or power brooms
* Gather and load millings and waste product from job sites onto trucks
* Provide equipment maintenance inspections and perform minor service and maintenance on equipment or refer to supervisorEducation:* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Valid drivers' license with ability to maintain a clean driving history required; Class B CDL preferredSkills:* One-year operating milling equipment and/or related heavy equipment preferred
* Mechanical experience including knowledge of electric, diesel, and gasoline equipment preferred
* Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to take initiative to assist in all areas of a project
* Ability to follow direction, identify hazards, and work safelyPhysical Requirements:* Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by company safety guidelines
* Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
* Regularly required to use hands to feel, handle and manipulate objects
* Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
* Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Frequently required to Stand/work on feet for long periods, and walking across uneven terrain
* Frequently work in close proximity to heavy equipment and machinery, exposure to loud noise
* Frequent exposure to typical construction site conditions, including dust and loud noise, and all weather conditionsCompensation and Benefits:Compensation*: $27-$35 DOE*Estimated target starting compensation; actual compensation to be determined based on assessment of an individual's qualifications, education, and experience relevant to the role.Benefits: All full-time hourly employees are eligible to participate in Simon benefits as defined in plan documents. Available benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, term life insurance, supplemental life insurance, 401K with company match, short-term disability, flexible spending plan, and education assistance. Other benefits include eight paid holidays, and access to available company discounts.The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the.If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to:
Please contact Colas Inc. at 973-290-9082 or send an email to.
Keywords: Simon, Fort Collins , SIMON - Milling Operator-Fort Collins, CO, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
here to apply!