Grounds Skilled Laborer - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major
mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by our convenient
location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away in our
high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain
lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase
new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the
adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are
looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies
or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We
work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free season pass waiting for
you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience
and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of
perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and
seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
The Grounds Services Laborer performs all general maintenance and
snow removal duties necessary to prepare and maintain the Winter
Park Resort grounds, parking lots, and roadways in a clean,
attractive, functional, and reasonable safe condition. Performs
tasks to provide parking, traffic, and shuttle services in a
friendly, professional, efficient manner with an emphasis on
safety. Establishes first contact with guests and provides
assistance as needed. Follow consistently all policies set forth in
the Employee Handbook. Complies with all regulations set forth by
the Colorado Department of Transportation and Motor Vehicle
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
- Remove snow and ice from base facilities and parking areas
including stairs, decks, grates, walkways, roofs, and drives
utilizing shovels, scrapers, and snow blowers. Keep base and
mountain transformers, meters, fire hydrants, ski racks,
miscellaneous equipment free of snow
- Check areas designated on sanding log for icy conditions and
spread sand and/or ice melt as necessary. Complete log
- Operate skid-steers, snow blowers, lawn equipment, and Zamboni
- Assist to properly maintain walkways, facilities, and exits.
Monitor orderly flow of pedestrians through Village zone.
- Assist with the wagon hauling operation (winters only).
- Perform trash removal and litter pick up duties in parking
areas, roadways, and around Village facilities. Be aware of trash
throughout the day.
- Perform general grounds maintenance tasks including fence
installation and maintenance, outdoor furniture repair, delineator
and sign installation, sweeping, hauling supplies, work area
- Inspect grounds for maintenance needs and potential hazards as
designated on Grounds Checklist. Complete log consistently.
- Assist with duties in the Village required to execute the
maintenance and snow removal contracts.
- Be alert for potential hazards involving vehicles, pedestrians,
and equipment. Take responsible action to prevent accidents. Report
and/or correct any unsafe conditions.
- Follow, consistently, safety procedures and utilize appropriate
- Assist with vehicle, public, and employee accidents as
required. Follow accident reporting procedures.
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in
a friendly, congenial, professional manner. Effectively handle
first-line conflicts and problems.
- Perform tasks related to the production of special events and
Christmas set up. Control special event and VIP parking areas
during special events.
- Assist local Sheriffs Officers, Security, and/or Ski Patrol
with emergency victim evacuation and accident response.
- Assist Security and Facilities with fire and other building
emergencies. Assist in the evacuation of guests and employees as
- Assist contractors, tenants, and other Winter Park crews with
hauling, clean up, and construction projects.
- Maintain drain pans, drop inlets, culverts, drainage ditches in
working order; free from ice, debris, sediment buildup.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment in proper condition and
store correctly. Complete vehicle and equipment inspections. Report
problems to supervisor. Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Must be able to work a four 10-hour day week including weekends
and holidays. May be asked to work additional hours.
- Must be on-call for snow removal and available to start work at
2:00 a.m. five days per week during ski season.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and public relations
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
- 1-2 years of Grounds, landscape, and/or snow removal work or
equivalent outdoor maintenance.
- Proficient skills in operating skid-steer loaders.
- Experience working with public desirable, with demonstrated
ability to remain calm and congenial under stressful
- Driving experience and small equipment operation experience are
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts'
total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include
many region-specific benefits.
Hourly pay: $19
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and
- The primary physical environment in which these position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
to be high. Often lifting a weight of 75 pounds throughout the day
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes are produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any
term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on
age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other
status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy
governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job
assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to
benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that
this document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Fort Collins , Grounds Skilled Laborer - Winter Season, Other , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!