SR STAFF ENGINEER ELECTRICAL
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Description - SR STAFF ENGINEER ELECTRICAL (2100829)
Position Purpose: The Senior Staff Engineer, Electrical reports to
the Engineering Leader and is responsible for complex
product/system design, mentoring, driving process improvements,
strategic planning and presentations. This position provides new
intellectual property to the organization, as well as technical
leadership to the enterprise. The Senior Staff Engineer provides
leadership in the development of industry standards, and has a high
level of industry/Customer contact and industry awareness. This
position participates in enterprise negotiation as well as
providing technical evaluation of new opportunities within the PLC
process. The Senior Staff Engineer develops roadmaps and sets
technical strategy and direction, and has a strong relationship
with Customer, Supplier, individuals and organizations on a
systems/standards basis. Essential Functions:
- Directs all engineering aspects of several complex and detailed
projects, which may include project management as well as
- Solves in-depth engineering problems and communicates solutions
to other engineers, sales development and management.
- Promotes and implements process improvements company-wide.
Champions process in specific product development areas.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practices,
but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting
design requirements and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides direct support of sales, manufacturing, purchasingand
development by sharing information in the form of major/complex
proposals and design reviews.
- Independently troubleshoots/analyzes system problems using
complex computer simulations.
- Independently writes complex component tests.
- Leads or directs several engineers, technicians, detailers and
designers on a project level basis.
- Estimates manpower needs and schedules and assigns work to meet
- May be the Technical Lead of international and multi-site
projects. Other Functions: May perform the following functions:
- Expert support of operations, customers and sales in process
and product related issues.
- Technical Lead of a team of engineers and technicians.
- Support Engineering Manager in MAP and planning processes.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- PC and related equipment. Working Environment / Physical
- Work is generally performed in a normal office environment;
however, the job may take the member into various areas of the
plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical
solutions, dust and temperatures above 80 degrees F.
- Moderate travel may be required. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including
presentations, (Customer, internal and management). Writes and
communicates critical reports. Leads complex design reviews,
internally and Customer. Expert technical writing skills
(procedures, reports, proposals, etc.) May write and present
technical papers at Conferences/Industry events. Highly refined
communications skills--represents Woodward in the industry.
- Competent complex problem solving/troubleshooting skills for
both components and subsystems.
- Competent in the use of PCs and associated software.
- Competent knowledge of appropriate WISE applications such as
BOM, Item Master, NCR, Warranty, EC screens and part tracking.
- Strong knowledge of standards and the ability to apply complex
groupings of standards into designs. Ability to quickly learn,
interpret and apply new standards.
- Can evaluate all components of a complex system and provide
solutions. Provides necessary guidance for proper analysis. Can
verify validity of analysis.
- Complete understanding of component functions and testing
requirements and relationship to system interaction and validation.
Understands manufacturing processes, drawings and standards.
- Ability to strategically prioritize based on business
- Has company recognized expertise and may have industry
- Demonstrates strategic, long-term process and planning.
- Recognizes Woodward's business objectives and strategies;
ability to balance activities which can result in strong financial
- Expert in knowledge about international hardware standards and
design rules. Education or Formal Training:
- BS degree in Engineering required.
- Post-graduate technical degree strongly desired. Experience
- Greater than 12 years in related field required, including
post-graduate experience. Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward
package for this position, including: Estimated pay: $132,300.00 -
$165,000.00 Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement /
Adoption Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match Stock Contribution
after 2 years / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program
Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and Medical
Leave / Member Optional Life Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional
AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Home
Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance
/ Legal Plan / Military Leave Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance /
Pandemic Leave / Variable Incentive Plan / Vacation Buy-up This
information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay
for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable
estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this
position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may
vary based on factors including experience, skills, education,
location, and other job-related reasons.-- Woodward is an
independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control
solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace
systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and
rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft,
ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and
components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam
turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines,
electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The
company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical
energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner,
more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include
leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their
products. Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veterans Job Electrical Engineering
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Fort Collins , SR STAFF ENGINEER ELECTRICAL, Professions , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!